• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Encouraging Comments about CBA: Vrabel & Owens

mav1234

I haven't seen these posted yet so I apologize if they have.

There were a couple at least somewhat encouraging quotes coming out of players recently that give me hope a CBA can be reached.

The first is from Mike Vrabel, who wants to dispense with all the lawyers and have the players exec board sit down with the owners execs and come to an agreement. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/18/vrabel-wants-to-negotiate-directly-with-owners-only/

“Our Executive Commitee needs to negotiate with Jerry Jones, Bob Kraft, Jerry Richardson, their Executive Committee,” Vrabel said. “People that are willing and can agree to a deal. Jeff Pash can’t agree to a deal.”

In fact, that PFT article seems to single out the 18 games as the sticking point of the exec board. This gives me hope an agreement can be made, because the owners are willing to table that. It makes me wonder why D. Smith didn't agree to extend negotiations and bring the proposal from the NFL to the players in greater detail.

The Jags fullback (no, we aren't the only team with one) Montell Owens also thinks a deal can get done...

“I do know the negotiating table is where this is going to get resolved. I really commend him(Goodell) on that and his efforts of really wanting to get things done.”
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/18/at-least-one-player-appreciated-roger-goodells-email/

PFT and all, but still. Interesting. Hope for labor negotiations yet, maybe. I actually found it most interesting Vrabel named JR, Kraft, and Jerry Jones as people who wanted a deal, and said Pash did not. Interesting because many fans seem to point the finger at JR and lately Jerry Jones as reasons for the lockout.

Okay, maybe not "shoot" them, but remove them from the process.

PFT: Vrabel wants to negotiate directly with owners

ESPN conducted a group interview of five members of the NFLPA* Executive Committee, and several of them dropped some fairly interesting nuggets of information.

Our eyebrows raised the highest when Chiefs linebacker Mike Vrabel said that the players are willing to negotiate, but that they don’t want to negotiate with outside counsel Bob Batterman, in-house counsel Jeff Pash, or Commissioner Roger Goodell. “Our Executive Commitee needs to negotiate with Jerry Jones, Bob Kraft, Jerry Richardson, their Executive Committee,” Vrabel said. “People that are willing and can agree to a deal. Jeff Pash can’t agree to a deal.”

I don't like Vrabel much. I think he's a prick (I say that even though he was nice to me the time I met him).

But I like this idea.

See this shows that some of the football players are now showing signs of getting tired of Smith political BS going on with this CBA. If Gene Upshaw was still alive then all this would have been avoid and the NFL would still be going full blast. But yet Smith is trying to be the big man and get attention from his goverment friends. Smith could careless about football. But it seems the players are ready to throw Smith aside and sit down and settle this like men at the table with the owners. I hope this happens soon. This crap is getting old. D Smith is a complete moron when it comes to football.:dupe::party:

Owners respond.

“The NFL’s negotiating team — accompanied by the three owners Mike mentioned, Jerry Jones, Jerry Richardson and Robert Kraft — is prepared to meet immediately. Just tell us when and where,” NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said.

In other words, Batterman, Pash, and Goodell will be there, too.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/19/league-accepts-vrabels-offer-but-not-unconditionally/

See this shows that some of the football players are now showing signs of getting tired of Smith political BS going on with this CBA. If Gene Upshaw was still alive then all this would have been avoid and the NFL would still be going full blast. But yet Smith is trying to be the big man and get attention from his goverment friends. Smith could careless about football. But it seems the players are ready to throw Smith aside and sit down and settle this like men at the table with the owners. I hope this happens soon. This crap is getting old. D Smith is a complete moron when it comes to football.:dupe::party:

Gene Upshaw and Tagliabue maybe. Smith and Goddell nope. Also the last deal was Gene Upshaws and the owners opted out first chance they got. And for the love of god quit blaming Smith for everything. The players are in all the meetings, they are in all the negotiations, etc. They hired Smith and give him his marching orders. It's players vs owners period. Not Demarice Smith vs owners.

Archived