• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your Draft Day Reaction to......

Udogg

my reactions.

The Carolina Panthers select:

Cam Newton------ Yes!!!.. WHOOO!!! Championship!!... then shortly there after.. I hope this works :). Takes a drink

Blaine Gabbert ----- Nooooo!!!! FU Hurney!!!... then shortly after, well maybe this works for us. Ok we will see. yay Gabbert? Takes a bigger drink.

Ryan Mallet ---- Do GM's get drug tested? Passes out in drunken stupor.

Patrick Peterson ---- Ok,Ok, I'm cool with MM/JC. Hopefully Gamble plays well this year. Matter of fact, this is a great pick, one less thing to worry about. Well except he will probably guard SS is training camp. Ok now I am really worried.

Marcelus Dareus ---- Good safe pick. I'm ok with this. Pressure up the middle, the old suffocating Panther D might be back. Oh god please let us resign CJ.

Nick Fairley ---- Good Pick. Lots of talent. Why does that picture of him in the barbershop with Jamarcus Russel keep popping in my head?

Da'Quan Bowers ---- Well , um. I mean at least.. .... #$#$# this is going to be like Biakabumtuku again. He is going to show just enough for us to be really disappointed when he gets hurt.

A.J. Green ----- Cool. Our own Calvin Johnson. Maybe he can be Optimus Prime. Wait a sec..who is going to throw him the ball? Well, maybe he is good enough to make Jimmy/Matt look good. Hope Steve Smith doesn't punch him.

Julio Jones ---- Um.. Maybe Fox was the brains behind our drafting.

The only one I really don't want is Quinn/Bowers.

For the QB's: Alright, the thought process here is obvious. Now let's just make sure this guy turns into a good one.

PP/DT's/AJ: I'm fine with this pick as long as the QB's we didn't draft don't turn out to be anything special. It's nothing personal but if we missed out on a franchise QB with the 1st overall pick... yeah, not good.

Either way my real conclusions would probably have to wait until 2 years later.

The Carolina Panthers select:

Marcelus Dareus ---- Fug yeah! Super Bowl here we come!

Cam Newton------ Aww WTF? Oh well, Super Bowl here we come! (Change my Avi)*

Blaine Gabbert ----- Aww WTF? Oh well, Super Bowl here we come!

Ryan Mallet ---- At #1? WTF? Oh well, Super Bowl here we come!

Patrick Peterson ---- At #1? WTF? Oh well, Super Bowl here we come!

A.J. Green ----- At #1? WTF? Oh well, Super Bowl here we come!

Nick Fairley ---- Really???? Oh well, Super Bowl here we come!

Da'Quan Bowers ---- Really???? Oh well, Super Bowl here we come!

Julio Jones ---- Really???? Not Green, but Jones???? Really???? Oh well, Super Bowl here we come!

*Also, will have to put Teeray, panther55 and Second City on ignore for at least 2 weeks :p

Gabbert: Yay finally a franchise qb!

Newton: Well...there is always Andrew Luck next year..maybe he will score a rushing td? -turns off tv-

Green: Optimmmuuuussssss

Mallett: Cool, a franchise qb...possible bust though...

Dareus: Dominant D here we come!

PP7: ^

Fairley: ^ (if he does not bust)

Bowers: poo...

Newton- yes we can!! It's Obama all over again!!!!(might bother some people now that I think about it) but it represents hope for the-future.

Gabbert- ok this is meh it least it's not clausen and he is mobile maybe not a sack on 3rd and 5.

A j green- well we need a sure monster at number 1. He could be a franchise number 1 wr. He's a beast but who is going to throw him the ball.

Dareus- ummm same ole defense wins foxball concept. Hope he gets sacks if not it's a waste of a first round pick for a run stuffer.

Peterson- love it, super athlete but he doesn't want to return kicks and the value of a cb is limited.

Fairley- wtf he has great potential as a pass rusher but he's as soft as baby fat.

Bowers- this ship has sailed and is looooooong gone. Just don't see it happening even I'm this situation.

Jones- wow what are you doing up this high? Great talent welcome aboard.

Peterson doesn't want to double as a return man? First I've heard about it but if so, that drops him out of the overall #1 discussion in my view. If that's not true, he's the guy I want for this team. Actually, now that I think about it, if he's a true shutdown corner I'd take him #1 regardless in this draft.

Newton - Happy with the pick. High hopes.

Gabbert - Very unhappy with the pick. The guy just screams bust to me, and we certainly don't need him holding a clipboard for friggin Clausen.

Green/Jones - Maybe we'll have someone to throw to other than Smith. Finally. Now if we only had someone to throw him the ball.

Any DT - very disappointed. Our defense isn't bad, while our offense is desperately poor because we don't have a fuging QB.

PP said on NFL network that he doesn't want to return KO's and wants to do punt returns in key spots.

My reactions:

Newton - Very positive, but there will be anxious moments until we see how he transitions

Gabbert - Supportive. Hope Hurney is right

Dareus - Foxball Version 2

PP - I know he will be great so I'll be satisfied, even if not excited by the pick

AJ - Can't wait to see what he can do if we ever land a QB to get him the ball

PP said on NFL network that he doesn't want to return KO's and wants to do punt returns in key spots.

My reactions:

Newton - Very positive, but there will be anxious moments until we see how he transitions

Gabbert - Supportive. Hope Hurney is right

Dareus - Foxball Version 2

PP - I know he will be great so I'll be satisfied, even if not excited by the pick

AJ - Can't wait to see what he can do if we ever land a QB to get him the ball

Alot of this should depend on the Panthers prospecting through trades and FA, but our history is so underwhelming there, we sorta have to assume the draft is all we have. Oh well.

That said, we need a starting QB, immediately. Newton can be that. I don't want Gabbert learning under Clausen.

Alot of this should depend on the Panthers prospecting through trades and FA, but our history is so underwhelming there, we sorta have to assume the draft is all we have. Oh well.

That said, we need a starting QB, immediately. Newton can be that. I don't want Gabbert learning under Clausen.

:confused: How do you figure this? Even the people who want Newton say he isn't a starting QB immediately

Archived