• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question for Newton dislikers and also for Newton lovers

Brokenbad

considering Rivera is a head coach, was one of the best defensive coordinators in the game, has been a very successful NFL player, and knows more about football than I ever will.. I'll trust his decision.

Hurney's first round track record ain't too shabby either.

For dislikers:

If you strongly disliked Cam Newton and he was drafted with heavy inluence by Ron Rivera, would it change your perception of our new head coach? Would you automatically label him a bonehead?

I'd take my robe and hood and go cheer for another team.

relax just trolling

I am skeptical of everything that Hurney has done as of late.

Shelton, Jarrett, Brown, Delhomme, Peppers, Edwards, two RB's in the first rounds in 3 years....etc.

I have no faith in him to make a good choice here.

Jury's still out on Brown and Edwards. Jstew is a boss.

exactly.. so knowing this, I find it hard to believe there is going to be such a thing as "I'm right" "you're wrong"..

no one fuging knows. so those who want Cam are really ignorant to call those against drafting a QB, haters. and vice versa..

if ANY of you knew anything worth a damn, you wouldn't be on this forum...

Yup.

Also, despite ESPN & NFL, the coaches, scouts, & high fugity fugs likely have far more info than us.

Jury's still out on Brown and Edwards. Jstew is a boss.

The Jury is not out for me. We are not a solid/elite team. You cannot trade away future higher picks to reach on certain players, it was dum then and seems even dumber now.

Stew is great, but how nice would it have been to have a DT right now instead of a back up running back that you are paying 13 overall money to right now?

The decision surely won't be Rivera's alone. Chud, Hurney, Shula, Morrison, and JR are all scheduled to meet with him. If they collectively think he is the future and want to draft him, they will all have had a chance to meet him and get their questions answered. Most of the time, mistakes get made when people don't do much due diligence or one person dominates the process like a Jerry Jones. I think picking Clausen last year was the result of having to make a quick decision after he was available in the second round. Did they bring him in for workouts or for a visit prior to the draft?? I don't remember.

I trust if they draft him that they will do everything to help him be successful and both Chud and Shula feel like they can coach him.

I keep waiting to hear from Gantt or another local writer about how things are going.

I guess I would be considered a "Cam lover", lol.

If we dont pick him, I'd be okay with it. Might be a tad bit disappointed, but I'm down with the Panthers and Ron in whatever decision or player they decide to choose.

don't be laughin.. this is a serious fuging conversation!

Archived