• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When exactly would the Cam haters admit that Cam is GOAT?

Awesomeness!!

I don't know. Everyone has already declared Luck GOAT and he hasn't played yet.

pretty sure most people are declaring luck best prospect since manning, not best ever.

cam's the only one who people seem to even try to claim will "revolutionize" the game. luck's just gonna play and win in the game as it is.

Thos whole thing about Luck being the best prospect since Manning has taken on a life of its own. I love Luck even more than Newton but even I am not ready to say that. Believe it or not Luck has mechanical, decision making, and accuracy issues of his own that he needs to clean up before he is going to be a great NFL QB.

Don't get me wrong. As high as my opinion is of Cam, it is even higher with Luck. But best in a decade and all thay stuff is foolishness. IMO (which means nothing. :))

For me personally. I like Bradford when he was coming out more than I do Luck. My ONLY question for Bradford was avoiding injury. Carson Palmer would be up there with Luck. I personally like Eli Manning more than a lot of other people. And (no surprise here probably) I loved, loved Mike Vick. He is still my favorite prospect. I liked Vick more than Luck and still think he is the most under appreciated QB in the NFL.

I didn't like Stafford, Smith, very much.

And I hate to say it, but I loved Jamarcus Russell. His talent was amazing. I knew he had some issues, I just didn't know it involves drugs. Loved him. Totally missed the boat on that guy. Actually he missed the boat on himself.

But all those guys I would put on an even plain with Andrew Luck except Bradford and Vick who I liked more. Again Luck was my favorite but he isn't as perfect a prospect as people think. But it is too late to go through all that.

I want to re-emphasis that I am not trying to totally poo on Andrew Luck. Remember as glowingly and steadfastly as I have defended Cam Newton I still had Luck #1. So if you think I am on Cam's nuts imagine how I feel about Luck.

I just don't think Cam is this ultra raw crum bum either.

What prospect do you think was better coming out of college than Luck?

I actually thought Newton was a better prospect. That because I don't look at the play right away view. Luck has the basic pro fundamentals down as far as take a snap from center and probably could absorb a playbook better than Manning because he's damn near a genius, but that doesn't really mean he'll be great. If I was a college coach I'm taking Newton. If I was a NFl coach and had to pick which one I wanted for the next 10 years it'd be Newton simply because he could be better than Luck if he does everything he needs to do to be a better quarterback.

For me personally. I like Bradford when he was coming out more than I do Luck. My ONLY question for Bradford was avoiding injury. Carson Palmer would be up there with Luck. I personally like Eli Manning more than a lot of other people. And (no surprise here probably) I loved, loved Mike Vick. He is still my favorite prospect. I liked Vick more than Luck and still think he is the most under appreciated QB in the NFL.

I didn't like Stafford, Smith, very much.

And I hate to say it, but I loved Jamarcus Russell. His talent was amazing. I knew he had some issues, I just didn't know it involves drugs. Loved him. Totally missed the boat on that guy. Actually he missed the boat on himself.

But all those guys I would put on an even plain with Andrew Luck except Bradford and Vick who I liked more. Again Luck was my favorite but he isn't as perfect a prospect as people think. But it is too late to go through all that.

Jamarcus Russel could have been a great QB, but he never put forth the effort to be one. His athleticism was amazing coming out of College. And then he shows up to his pro day overweight. And it went downhill from there.....

Cam on the other hand, is making the effort to get better like working out with QB coaches, he actually realizes he has flaws and is willing to correct them.

...Cam on the other hand, is making the effort to get better like working out with QB coaches, he actually realizes he has flaws and is willing to correct them.

This is why I believe we take him. I think he wants to get better. Wants to be the very best. He has the tools. He needs a good QB coach and time to learn the system.

If we draft him and expect him to be #1 right out of the gate then we are in for a rude awakening. Especially since we won't have much of OTAd, Mini camps and so forth.

Archived