• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Mallet Scenario

Stroupe-a-loop

I would consider not watching football until he was gone if we drafted Mallet

I feel the same if we drafted Cameron or Blaine...and although I may watch, I will refuse to spend another dime on Panther merchandise if they are drafted

The funniest thing about Mallett, is there are virtually zero legitimate sources backing up his rumored "drug problem" recently. That's the draft process for ya.

He will be the best quarterback out of this draft if he goes to the right team.

The funniest thing about Mallett, is there are virtually zero legitimate sources backing up his rumored "drug problem" recently. That's the draft process for ya.

He will be the best quarterback out of this draft if he goes to the right team.

The first part is very true.

The second part I somewhat disagree. I think Locker can be the best QB out of this draft if he goes to the right spot. I think people really overlook him because he played at Washington and didn't have the best numbers but he's so talented and just needs some fine tuning. If he goes to Seattle and they bring back Hass, he can do great things. I think even San Fran would be great for him if they give him a year under Harbaugh before starting him.

I can see us trading down, but not trading back up for Mallett. Maybe Ponder if he falls, but I doubt that too. If the QBs at the top of the draft are questionable enough to pass on, then the ones in the next tier aren't likely to be better than anyone we already have on the roster.

I can see us trading down, but not trading back up for Mallett. Maybe Ponder if he falls, but I doubt that too. If the QBs at the top of the draft are questionable enough to pass on, then the ones in the next tier aren't likely to be better than anyone we already have on the roster.

There are only 2 QBS in the draft that would be rated above Clausen and that is Newton and Gabbert. If we don't draft either of them, I doubt we go quarterback at all. Ponder and Dalton while interesting are far from sure deals.

The first part is very true.

The second part I somewhat disagree. I think Locker can be the best QB out of this draft if he goes to the right spot. I think people really overlook him because he played at Washington and didn't have the best numbers but he's so talented and just needs some fine tuning. If he goes to Seattle and they bring back Hass, he can do great things. I think even San Fran would be great for him if they give him a year under Harbaugh before starting him.

I think Locker is going to need some work, but he's definitely not as bad as people make him out to be. I think the Vikings might be the best spot for him. Good, big o-line and a running game that will be able to take pressure off of him. Big question is whether the Vikings will draft him high in the first.

i know there are some who wants Mallett, but trust me, if the offensive line has pass protection issues, you do NOT want Mallett. when under pressure, Mallett looks awful. he may have the best arm, but that great arm cant do much when he's on his back.

Archived