• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Volek not likely an option

Sword

I honestly have no idea of what to do for a vet other than either keeping Moore or getting Bulger. Maybe Bruce Gradkowski, but he's in no way shape or form a solid starter.

Don't want Gradkowski (west coaster).

The trade options are better than the free agent ones.

Marc Bulger is the best available QB, he knows Matsko (O-Line Coach) pretty well and though he would only be a stop gap. I personally think he would fit in nicely. He was mentored by the great Kurt Warner and even though he has not been able to produce at a high level consitently while picking up wins a long the way; he would be a major upgrade over what we have know and Volek.

I don't think so. What if you have 9 players at other positions rated higher? It seems silly to take a guy over better players just because you currently have a need.

This argument doesn't necessarily hold up. There are certain premium, impact positions that carry more value. On offense, it's QB and LT. On defense, it's DE.

Even if you have a safety rated as the best player in the draft, he is going to go much later than those at the cornerstone positions.

No position is more important or carries more value than QB; no other position even comes close in terms of value.

I hated it when people were saying that "we could get a decent QB like Billy Volek and be a lot better" It pissed me off to no end every time. Who in their right mind thinks that BILLY FREAKING VOLEK IS A FRANCHISE SAVER?!

no one ever called him a franchise savior. just a stop gap veteran for whomever we take this year.

so who do we look at?

Marc Bulger?

Alex Smith?

Kerry Colins?

Orton?

I am actually very interested in the Vet we bring in. more so than the first pick in the draft (it will be cam)

People won't like hearing it, but Smith is a legit possibility.

His best year came with Norv Turner as his QB coach, and heaven knows our staff has loads of ties to Turner.

If San Fran doesn't want to keep him, he could get a shot here.

Archived