• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

-Game of Thrones-HBO-

Kurb

They'd never do it, but and ending with LF sitting on the iron throne to rule over a ravaged kingdom could be a series finale shot... with a younger up-and-coming councilman standing in the wings... eyeing LF with a similar ambition.

Haaaaaaa. It was so great. From the score to the comedic relief of Sam and Bronn.

I totally didn't catch the Dornish amongst Dany's fleet in that last scene so I'm going to have to go back and watch closer.

The Lannisters are fuged. Do they even have any allies now? They can't have much of an army now, and I can't imagine many will bend the knee for Cersei. I hope Jaime kills her and gets the hell out of dodge.

Littlefinger is the creepiest bastard in the history of creepy bastards. Mayhaps he'll be Cersei's friend.

Who is going to ultimately confirm Jon? Howland Reed? I guess the long held theory that he was the High Sparrow is wrong, at least in the show, then.

I think it is obvious that Dany and Jon are destined to wed, but what happens after they die? Dany isn't fertile and can bear no heirs.

I still don't think Dany was always fireproof. I think it was the blood magic. But she is still double Targaryen. Jon is half Stark, so he is Fire and Ice. Dany will probably play Nissa Nissa, and the fire inside her will ignite Lightbringer.

Bran and Arya... Who the fug knows at this point? Arya is the God of death at this point. Bran is Reagan to Gorbachev. 

Lyanna Mormont was one of the highlights of the season for me. That little actress is GREAT.

more thoughts later

Great season finale. As several have mentioned, the music stood out to me. Confirmation of R+L=J was satisfying. So was Arya kill spree (rat in the castle made to eat his children came to mind). Wasn't expecting Tommen or Cersei's Shame moment. Very nice. No offense to the actress but Lianne should've been hotter if she was the one that was so beautiful that Rhaegor and Robert were overcome by her to essentially go to war. She had black hair which explains Jon's hair. Great episode.

Not sure how they stretch things over 2 more seasons at this point.

Dany goes and takes down Cercei

Dany goes north and her and Jon team up to fight the White Walkers

I guess future episodes can't have the time jumps, that's for sure.  

Loved the Arya scene and if you read the books you'd know that there is a tale about Frey pie and I think the Manderley's served it, so that was a great callback.

I wasn't really surprised by much that happened but I was happy with it.  Varys teleporting around cracked me up but it's obvious at this point there isn't a means to the timeline.   Sam may have been in Oldtown before Jon's war even happened for instance.  

There was some amazing scenes in this finale, imo.

The scene with Tyrion and Dany was fantastic and imo, the best acted scene of hers in the series.  He'll do that for you though, he's fantastic.  I loved it.

Also the scene with Tyrells/Martells when they show the back of Varys walking down the hall like a boss out to them.   Varys keeps being maybe my favorite character on this show.  Dude shows up to forge alliances and gets back to the boats just in time for a glam shot lol.

Of course Lady Mormont reking those guys and cutting them down to size was amazing.   I think they showed Tormund on the side and even he was pretty impressed.

Davos scene was great as well, that actor really brought it and Jon was in a tough spot, I guess that's the best decision he could make but it's not the last time we see her obviously.

Cersei lost it all, to get what she wanted.  But it won't last.  I seriously think Jamie kills her.   After seeing the Wildfire and her doing what he basically "threw" his honor and name away to prevent, made it worthless.   He may finally be done.  I think the dude is done fighting period.   He may just take the army back to Casterly Rock and call it a day if they would allow it.   Dany may land and take it unopposed.   I expect a truce between the North and her, to fight the Walkers, but also because Varys/Tyrion were good to Sansa and helped her out, the North remembers, and she'll remember.

Littlefinger is the wild card though, I'm really not sure what he does.  He screwed up giving her over to Ramsay, because if he kept her with him, she would have no doubt married him.   That was the screw up in his chess game.  

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Not sure how they stretch things over 2 more seasons at this point.

Dany goes and takes down Cercei

Dany goes north and her and Jon team up to fight the White Walkers

I guess future episodes can't have the time jumps, that's for sure.  

The battle for Kings Landing will likely be the last episode of next season, or next to last.  Some of the episodes will cover events such as what happens between Euron, Asha, theon etc...  And what happens at the Twins between the Frey's, Edmure and who ends up with the riverlands.  Littlefinger and the knights of the Vale and what they do in the North, or maybe they head home and get involved in some other way.  Arya is going to meet up with Melisandre.  I think Gendry is going to come back in the picture at some point.  And I think that next year will be Lena's last with the show. 

The 8th season is going to be more difficult. 

4 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

The battle for Kings Landing will likely be the last episode of next season, or next to last.  Some of the episodes will cover events such as what happens between Euron, Asha, theon etc...  And what happens at the Twins between the Frey's, Edmure and who ends up with the riverlands.  Littlefinger and the knights of the Vale and what they do in the North, or maybe they head home and get involved in some other way.  Arya is going to meet up with Melisandre.  I think Gendry is going to come back in the picture at some point.  And I think that next year will be Lena's last with the show. 

I actually expect a good bit of flashbacks next season.   I want a Varys origin episode, so bad, how he became who he is, etc.   Maybe we could get a Littlefinger one as well.  Wouldn't mind either.    May be time to fill in backstory like you said.   

30 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I just don't get how they can stretch things out like that...they will really have to slow down time IMO.

the Battle for Kings Landing IMO shouldn't be much of one.  Dany is way too stacked IMO vs Cercei

Archived