• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mallett Reportedly Confirms Drug Use at Arkansas

mav1234

maybe... maybe not... he made a mistake and he owned up to it. while he'll take his lump for it and I wouldn't really want to touch him in the first round, it's best he be honest with these teams, because they're going to learn the truth.

bull when was the last time you told a employer on a job interview about your drug use?

Drugs are drugs whether it was marijuana or Coke it doesn't matter to the teams.

completely incorrect. the type of substance does matter, and it matters a whole fuging ton. maybe I'm wrong here but I've had the impression that teams look quite different on weed (edit: not talking "chronic abuse" here, but rare recreational use) versus other substances.

the disturbing part at the combine wasn't that someone tested positive but that someone didn't take the measures to clear themselves to get a clean test KNOWING they were going to the combine, lol.

completely incorrect. the type of substance does matter, and it matters a whole fuging ton. maybe I'm wrong here but I've had the impression that teams look quite different on weed (edit: not talking "chronic abuse" here, but rare recreational use) versus other substances.

the disturbing part at the combine wasn't that someone tested positive but that someone didn't take the measures to clear themselves to get a clean test KNOWING they were going to the combine, lol.

I think he meant they would in fact take it serious no matter what drug weed or coke.

There's a story from last year about this topic...

Here's a brief bit:

"It's pretty significant as a trend,'' the head coach said. "But if you knocked everyone off your board who has experimented with weed, you'd lose about 20 percent of your board, not to mention disqualify a few recent presidents. A third sounds a little high to me, but it's not a rare occurrence to have a player with some pot use in his background. You have to make a judgment on each individual guy.''

That same head coach said that earlier in his NFL coaching career, if a player had failed a drug test for pot in college, his name would be quickly removed from the draft boards of most teams. But times have changed. Clubs are doing more work to try and identify whether a prospect's pot use falls under the experimentation heading, or is done with regularity.

"It's a matter of figuring out which ones smoke, and which ones have to smoke, because they really [are addicted],'' another head coach said. "It's like the drinking issue. You want to know if a guy drinks, or if he has a drinking problem. You're trying to find out and make that distinction with some guys.''

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/03/23/nfl.draft.marijuana/index.html#ixzz1Jv4EQ8AB

All of the rumors surrounding Mallett have mentioned cocaine, not marijuana. This story, however, is not specific as to what he might have admitted using.

I know he vehemently denied the cocaine story in his combine presser.

(and got a rep for being a jerk because of the way he said it)

Didn't you all vote for Bush jr. TWICE after he admitted doing crack and coke in college?

Did not vote for Bush either time.

Also if Mallett was 40 this wouldn't be such a big deal, because we'd know if it was a one time thing or if he was an addict... well, we might have a better idea of that, anyway.

If Bush had said to the American public he did cocaine a year before running for president, well, I hope that would turn a few more heads considering he wasn't just some college student making stupid choices.

Archived