• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Surprises that will rise and fall?

unicar15

Who are the players you think will either have a surge to a higher position (Think Alualu last year) or will fall farther than anyone is projecting. I'm basing this primarily off of what I see on ESPN.

Fall:

Von Miller - McShay just had him projected as a top 3 pick to the Bills. IMO I think the Bills take Patrick Peterson before they take an OLB. I think Miller falls to WAS at 10 or maybe even MIA at 15.

DaQuan Bowers - I know that people have him falling down to the 15-20 range. I think that he could actually fall down to the late 20s before a team makes a trade to move up and get him.

Andy Dalton - I don't buy that this guy is going to go at the top of the 2nd round or whatever the "experts" are saying. I think he goes at the middle of the 3rd round at the earliest.

Blaine Gabbert - I don't think he falls past MIN but I also don't buy that the Cardinals are that easy to predict. From what I've seen is if he falls past Buffalo then there is no way he gets past Arizona and IDK if I buy that.

Risers:

Patrick Peterson - Not really a "surprise" but as good as this guy is I haven't seen anyone project him #3 to the Bills. IMO CB is MUCH MUCH more important than a pass rushing OLB. They also have Tom Brady in their division who likes to get rid of the ball quickly. You need great corners in that division.

Akeem Ayers - I think he could go be the 2nd hybrid OLB taken. I think that WAS takes a look at him as well and he could go as high as 10.

Fall:

Ryan Mallet: Don't see him being drafted in the first round

DaQuan Bowers: Due to injury concerns he will be drafted somewhere in the 25-35 range

Aaron Williams: Won't be drafted in the first

Rise:

Jake Locker: Top 15 pick

Akeem Ayers: Will go in the top 15 and he will surprise a ton of people next year.

Shareece Wright: Will be picked long before our third round pick unfortunately. Even though I'm not completely buying him as a second round talent interest in Reece has increased ten fold the last few weeks. It wouldn't surprise me if he snuck into the first 15 picks of the second round...

fall:

Blaine Gabbert to Redskins at 10

Robert Quinn to Rams at 14

Adrian Clayborn falls to mid 2nd round

rise:

Jake Locker to Vikings at 12

Rahim Moore as early as 16 to Jacksonville or somewhere in the 1st round

Corey Liuget maybe to Titans at 8 if they like him more than Fairley

Archived