• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

There really isn't much risk to Cam Newton.

Awesomeness!!

Lets say he sucks. He'll know after a year or two. Its not like Clausen would have gotten us in playoff contention in that time. He'll get on MNF, the Panthers will be a fortune from Jersey and ticket sales, and we'll try it again with someone else. #WEWANTCAM

I really hope that you are intentionally trying to make the most worthless threads on the board. If not, may God have mercy on your soul.

Teams who reach at #1 and invest 50-70 million in a QB that busts are crippled for seasons to come. That is a MAJOR risk.

I'm a Cam supported, but the risk isn't just finding out he sucks... it's the amount of $ we're going to spend taking him with the # 1 overall pick (barring a rookie pay scale) and the players we're going to pass on while we spend that pick on him.

I think Cam is worth the risk, but there's more to it than just finding out he sucks and going in a different direction.

I really hope that you are intentionally trying to make the most worthless threads on the board. If not, may God have mercy on your soul.

Teams who reach at #1 and invest 50-70 million in a QB that busts are crippled for seasons to come. That is a MAJOR risk.

But, but, but in Madden I can dump a 70 million dollar player and not have any repercussions....

I'm a Cam supported, but the risk isn't just finding out he sucks... it's the amount of $ we're going to spend taking him with the # 1 overall pick (barring a rookie pay scale) and the players we're going to pass on while we spend that pick on him.

I think Cam is worth the risk, but there's more to it than just finding out he sucks and going in a different direction.

The same can be said for any player.

I plan to avoid this board Thursday night. If Cam is selected the haters will cry like we've never seen crying before as they make thread after thread after thread. If Cam is not selected...the haters will make thread after thread after thread laughing at the huggers. The entire first page, no matter who we select, will be filled with inane tomfoolery.

Well I'm kind of banking on a rookie scale. There is no way a new CBA is agreed to without a rookie scale.

Doesn't matter it won't be pro rated nor can it be. There is no CBA in place right now, meaning this draft and the salary structure goes on as it has been. a CBA had to be in place before this draft.

Even then I don't think it mattered because this draft was covered under the old CBA. In fact weren't we all ripping Luck for not coming out because it would be his last chance at a big payday?

I plan to avoid this board Thursday night. If Cam is selected the haters will cry like we've never seen crying before as they make thread after thread after thread. If Cam is not selected...the haters will make thread after thread after thread laughing at the huggers. The entire first page, no matter who we select, will be filled with inane tomfoolery.

Neither will even be able to post as the site will crash...it might actually be quite nice actually.

Its not a risk to waste the #1 overall pick.

We can pick literally ANYONE we want. And if we miss doing that we'll look like fuging idiots.

So, lets take him and make money off his sales, because thats an upside, and still lose football games if he ends up worse that Clausen.

I see your logic. Making less money of a terrible player and losing is much better than taking a great player and winning and making a crapload more money. Makes perfect sense.

Archived