• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just For Fun: Season Predictions

ncmonzta

Maybe it's just the opposite of homerism in me that does not see the amount of talent that every one else see's.

Depending on the rules of the new cba, and JR's desire to spend big, we could be seeing 3 of our best players walk from the club.

Smith, D Will, and Johnson, and Kalil and Beason may not be that far behind.

We just came off of the worst season in the league, and for many of these guys, Charlotte ain't exactly Miami.

I was working under the assumption that D-Will and Smith will be back. If they bolt I will change my opinion. :)

I'm not sure if he should, but Rivera sound like he wants him in there if he learns fast enough. I cant see Clausen beating him out.

Yep sounds like they see him as a Vince Young/Big Ben type of rookie I think he'll show the same type of promise VY did.

Hard to say wont predict stats or a record just yet but I think we'll struggle a little bit early in the year but start to keep games competitive after that. Heading Towards the end of the season will start to show our potential for the future picking up some W's.

I see Beason and Hardy having monster seasons though :yesnod:

Maybe it's just the opposite of homerism in me that does not see the amount of talent that every one else see's.

Depending on the rules of the new cba, and JR's desire to spend big, we could be seeing 3 of our best players walk from the club.

Smith, D Will, and Johnson, and Kalil and Beason may not be that far behind.

We just came off of the worst season in the league, and for many of these guys, Charlotte ain't exactly Miami.

considering our players mention they want to stay, maybe Miami needs a little of what Charlotte has to drag them away.. ;)

Smitty is the only one I see leaving.. however, his cap hit doesn't help me find that a real possibility. (unless of course he restructures with another team)

considering our players mention they want to stay, maybe Miami needs a little of what Charlotte has to drag them away.. ;)

Smitty is the only one I see leaving.. however, his cap hit doesn't help me find that a real possibility. (unless of course he restructures with another team)

Almost every FA says that they want to stay with their team, it's what they are instructed to do.

I am not saying that we are completely lacking talent, or that Charlotte is Detroit, I am just being honest in my opinions.

A few of our best players may be on the road out of here, and we are coming off of a 2 win season. We have a 2nd year QB and WR combo, and we just used the no. 1 overall on a QB that shouldn't play this season.

I think projecting Cam to have better numbers than Peyton Manning his rookie year when he is on a worse team than the 98-99 Colts, he is a dual threat QB, who has no experience in a pro-style offense is a little more than optimistic.

I think Cam has a decent rookie year:

2,100 yards, 13 TD, 13 INT

500 yards on the ground, 3TD

And we go 7-9.

thats sounds about right but not that much different from my prediction. I just sprinkled a little homerism on it.20uzm08.png

Record: 7-9 Our schedule is tough. 7-9 would be with a little bit of luck, too.

Cam - 2250 yards, 18 TD, 14 picks with 600 on the ground, 7 rushing TDs.

Cam plays well. Running game is like last season, not top notch, but above average. Defense plays solid, but gives up too many big gains and costs us wins. Special teams lacks big play ability, and gives up too many big returns.

This is such a hard thing to guess at this point. We have yet to see anything about the type of offense that we are actually going to install. All we can do is speculate based on each coaches previous influences. There are just so many question marks it makes my head feel like it's going to explode when I even try and make predictions. My instinct is that if Cam starts from day one, we will suck horribly. There might be some flashes in the pan, but overall I'd guess 3 maybe 4 wins. If our coaches are the X's and O's geniuses that we all hope they are, we might be awesome.

AHHHHHHHH it's so hard to predict.

2600yds 12td's 18ints Cam Newton

500yd's 0td's 4int's Clausen

5-11

Archived