• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First time I ever used a coupon at a restaurant

SCP

NOT if it's not correct. NOT if they keep messing up and take a very long time. NOT if they are rude. NOT if they go out of order after waiting a long time for something giving others cutting preference.

So what if they take my order, bring me my food, bring me my check if it's all wrong and/or they are rude huh?

NO, I don't owe them money, it's EARNED, NOT RIGHT!! Remember, by LAW, I don't owe them a penny unless I am in a large party that the restaurant requires automatic gratuity.

Ok you seem to have millions of stories of bad service. Either get used to it or shut the hell up. You tell so many stories of bad service, yet keep going out to eat.

As much fun as this troll fest is (they should start banning folks who make up new accounts just for crap like this), You do NOT owe the server a friggin' penny. It's a gratuity- : something given voluntarily or beyond obligation usually for some service; especially : tip - it's not part of your bill. Most people understand the waiters are making min. wage or less, so they tip extra. "Tip" is an abbreviation for "To Insure Promptness", so that's what it is used as-an incentive to do a good job.

And remember, the cook, dishwasher, busboy, prep cook, expediter, etc, all possibly make minimum wage. And they are just as much a part of your dining experience as the server, so tip them, too. In fact, bringing a plate and filling a tea glass is not really tip-worthy.

Ok I'll rephase. Any decent human being would feel the need to tip a server for all they do. And the server is the only one you have direct contact with, so I would say they are more a part of your dining experience.

As much fun as this troll fest is (they should start banning folks who make up new accounts just for crap like this), You do NOT owe the server a friggin' penny. It's a gratuity- : something given voluntarily or beyond obligation usually for some service; especially : tip - it's not part of your bill. Most people understand the waiters are making min. wage or less, so they tip extra. "Tip" is an abbreviation for "To Insure Promptness", so that's what it is used as-an incentive to do a good job.

And remember, the cook, dishwasher, busboy, prep cook, expediter, etc, all possibly make minimum wage. And they are just as much a part of your dining experience as the server, so tip them, too. In fact, bringing a plate and filling a tea glass is not really tip-worthy.

Common misconception.

Servers and Bartenders do get paid minimum wage, but not at the same rate as the rest of the employees.

Service minimum wage is $2.13 per hour.

I truly don't get WHY you don't believe me? Even if I would post a picture of myself, you'd probably say you wouldn't believe me. Seriously, I am NOT fat. I am not skinny. I would say I was skinny when I was 87lbs back in 2005 for a brief time. I am not chunky either. The biggest I ever have been in my lifetime was 106lbs back for a brief few months in 1999.

I really don't get you? I am HONESTLY not fat and I do weigh right now this moment, 96lbs at 5'0".

I really believe if I would post a picture, you wouldn't think it was me that you honestly think I am fat, so honestly why bother?

Also, you'd probably say "Oh that's an old picture, that's not you now" or something like that even. Think about it. I knew a chunky fat woman that I roomed with in college and just a few years earlier, her picture of her when she was thin, WOW, it didn't look like the same person.

My point is, there's no point to posting it, you still would have something to say, wouldn't you?

Well then, I prostrate myself and beg your forgiveness.

I have never met you and don't know anything about you except from what you have posted. But I get the impression that you are a fat, pompous, rude, inconsiderate, arrogate, self-centered person.

Prove me wrong and post a picture of yourself to show me you are not fat.

Y'all quit dissing on us fat people ... we're not all "pompous, rude, inconsiderate, (arrogant), self-center" people.

WHY? Ranch tastes sooooo good in my opinion.

I think you just proved his point there.

NO, because we have had WORSE service at fine dining restaurants, that's why. It doesn't matter WHERE you go, the server is the person that makes or breaks your experience, NOT what prices are on the menu or how fancy the restaurant is.

THAT'S because YOUR definition of FINE dining is GOLDEN corral.

Other times though, cold food can sometimes be your server's fault if they forget to get your food or delay in getting your food to you due to chit-chatting or something like that.

Think about it, just like the servers forgot my margaritas, same thing, they can forget about my food too just as they did the margaritas.

If it tasted bad, that has nothing to do with your server unless you are eating wrongly prepared food that they put in the order wrong into the computer or they brought you an obviously wrong thing and then ate it.

lol. you are so thickheaded I guess I will just never get this point across. 97% of the time, its not the server's job to run the food to your table. That's what you tip out foodrunners for. All they are doing is taking directions from the expo. example: Here, take these plates, seats 1 and 2 table 39. Seat 1 is the steak. They have no idea what was originally ordered, just are taking orders from the expo or whoever is running the window.

lol @ chit chat. I doubt its that. Its usually that we are so busy taking care of other tables that aren't as high maintenance as you.

OR in your case its probably just that they don't give a poo anymore b/c you have nagged them to all hell and they have decided you aren't even worth it. You deserve a shitty experience for all you put them through.

Archived