• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina a potential landing spot for Mebane?

KillerKat

After failing to reach a long-term deal prior to the lockout, free agent DT Brandon Mebane no longer believes he'll be back in Seattle for the 2011 season.

"I feel like I wasn't in their plans," said Mebane. "And I feel like I have the right to think that because I got a third-round tender. If they really wanted me, they had plenty of time to do what they had to do." Mebane has a good point, and he's likely to draw plenty of interest at the third-round level. Potential landing spots include Denver, Tennessee, Cleveland, Chicago, and Carolina.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4367/player?r=1

So he had 31 tackles and 1 sack in 2010. Why would we pay big bucks to pick him up when Landri had better numbers than that with 43 tackles and 3 sacks. I would want an upgrade which I am not sure he is. There is a reason Seattle isn't resigning him.

I'd rather have Cofield, but both should come pretty cheap. If CJ and one of these guys, maybe hardy or the rookie DT can get us 15-20 sacks we will be in good shape. Cofield will eat guys up.These are the best DT prospects other than guys like Haynesworth...?

I'd rather have Cofield, but both should come pretty cheap. If CJ and one of these guys, maybe hardy or the rookie DT can get us 15-20 sacks we will be in good shape. Cofield will eat guys up.These are the best DT prospects other than guys like Haynesworth...?

Cofield, yes Mebane-meh

Archived