• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hard Knocks

Paintballr

So, something to talk about thats different since its been so dead this year...

Read online today that Tampa declined to do hard knocks for HBO. IF there is a Hard Knocks this year do you think Carolina has a chance to be on it? Think about it...

-We had the #1 overall pick that is a QB that won the heisman, we took a QB last year that was the "most pro ready" QB, which will hopefully be a "qb battle".

-New and first time HC. Tough mentality that has had great success being a DC in SD and Chicago.

-Owner that has gotten bad PR because of the lockout, showing him and our GM in Hard Knocks making decisions etc.

-Vet WR that has had rumors about wanting out, showing his connection with new QB's etc giving us a side of how smith really is at TC and with younger qb/wr

I think it would be good, but what does everyone think?

BS, you'd watch it if they gave it to us. Do I want us to go out and beg for it?? hell no. If they asked would I say yes?...maybe, maybe not.
aside from a couple episodes early on, i haven't watched any of it. mainly because it was a joke and it made the team they were doing look like it was run and played by a bunch of drama queens. seriously...i wouldn't watch it. i like the panthers too much.

not all attention is good attention.

I won't say I'll never want the Panthers to be on hard knocks.

But this is not the season. Way too big of a distraction for a Rookie QB, Rookie Head Coach, Lockout, etc.

After Newton and Rivera are established and prove they can win in this league, then maybe it would be a good idea, but not this season, and probably not the next.

With that said, I don't see it happening.

This would be more great exposure for the Panthers. I initially thought if asked that the Panthers would decline as well, but with the noticeable change in front office philosophy it would not suprise me one bit if we would accepted it, if the opportunity happened to arise.

Anyone calling Hard Knocks a big team distraction or "dumb reality tv" probably doesn't have HBO and obviously never watched the show. I am sure if Cam Newton could deal with all the media garbage he brought upon himself last season while winning the National Championship, I don't question if he could handle a few more cameras out on the field during training camp.

it's an opportunity to get an inside look at your favorite team...you get a glimpse into the personalities of the players you cheer for...as a fan i don't know why you wouldn't want your team to be on the show...i don't buy that it's a distraction

Archived