• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Better Details about IMG Academy with Cam & Winke Emerge

i'm thinking dorsey might be the bigger problem since he played for chud.

i don't know...don't care. either way, newton is getting training and work that will help get him ready for starting. if it shows up that he got more help from chud/shula than he was supposed to, what's the worst that can happen? a fine? meh...easier to ask forgiveness than permission. i expect that there might be some communication between someone in the panthers and someone at IMG. i actually hope there is.

Wow, completely slipped my mind... Yeah you're right. Seems like he has two chances then to be getting indirect guidance from the team. And agreed, I don't care either, in fact, I hope and believe that he IS getting that from the team because I'm pretty sure they want him ready regardless of the lockout and are doing what it takes to get him ready.

If this place can do half the stuff for football players as it has for tennis players it will be the number one football training facility in the country.

People from literally around the world have moved to Bradenton, FL to get their kids in their tennis program.

Just to name a few:

Martini Hingis, Venus Williams, Serena Williams, Monica Seles, Anna Kournikova, Tommy Haas, Mary Pierce, Jim Courier, Pete Sampras, Andre Agassi, Maria Sharapova, Jelena Jankovic, Mark Phillippoussis, Boris Becker, and Bjorn Borg.

i think i have seen this place on TV before i think they did a report on it on Real Sports...

remember folks, this is weinke we're talking about. you know, chris weinke, 3 time superbowl champion and 2 time league MVP.

Name one QB coach in the NFL who are a 3 time SB champ and 2 time MVP?

You can be a good coach at something without being good at it yourself.

remember folks, this is weinke we're talking about. you know, chris weinke, 3 time superbowl champion and 2 time league MVP.

Yes, very tired of this point of view.

Greatest coach in league? Bill Belichick. Majored in economics and never played professional anything.

Another great one, Andy Reid...never played professionally.

Mike Tomlin, you guessed it, never played in the NFL.

SO, by your logic, if coaching success is determined by NFL playing experience/success, then he is going to be AMAZING. :jc:

it's talking about through the year he spends most of his time working with those players.

it's already been documented how weinke is spending his time with newton and how it's structured. weinke has given newton the biggest amount of attention.

Thanks, I figured this was the case.

Jeezus sometimes engage your brain before you ask ignorant questions.:rolleyes:

But it hurts

If this place can do half the stuff for football players as it has for tennis players it will be the number one football training facility in the country.

People from literally around the world have moved to Bradenton, FL to get their kids in their tennis program.

Just to name a few:

Martini Hingis, Venus Williams, Serena Williams, Monica Seles, Anna Kournikova, Tommy Haas, Mary Pierce, Jim Courier, Pete Sampras, Andre Agassi, Maria Sharapova, Jelena Jankovic, Mark Phillippoussis, Boris Becker, and Bjorn Borg.

Just to corroborate your story. A guy here in Tega Cay just moved his family to Bradenton last year because his daughter was accepted into this tennis academy. Apparently they get something like 1500 applicants a year and select like 5 kids. This dudes daughter was one of them.

Those that can't do teach...Some people lack the ability to execute. They might not be naturally physically gifted enough, might not have the patience or the mental tenacity to actually play a sport or do something. But the know how it should be done and they can show others how to execute.

Weinke answered why he will be a good coach in the article. It is true for most players who go on to coach.

I've always said I was a student of the game," he said. "I couldn't run fast, couldn't jump. I was blessed with a decent arm. But at the end of the day for me to have any success, I had to be a student of the game. That's really where I think I can separate [myself] in terms of the teaching aspect of it. That I did understand the game, that I spent a lot of time studying the game. Players are always trying to find an edge

Right on the Money Panthers55.

Wienke may not have been an NFL caliber QB but he did manage to hang around 8 yrs. What I like is the 3-3 1/2 hours per day in the classroom with some on the field practice. What I like is he is helping with OUR playbook. Helping him learn the terminology and plays. 15-20 hours a week in the classroom is great.

I don't get the Dorsey thing other than he played for Chudz? Why would the NFL fine Carolina 7 figures because he is helping. He isn't on our coaching staff, nor is he associated with the NFL. I don't get it, why would that be breaking the rules.

When all is said and done, Carolina will owe Wienke a great deal of gratitude. Newton will be better off once this deal gets done then had he been trying to learn it on his own.

Archived