• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers release Hackett, Bridges, Goings

Mr. Scot

Per the Observer (link)

All three have been the subject of some speculation during the offseason.

It'll be odd to see a Panthers roster without Nick Goings. He's been a real staple of the team for years.

Bridges was such a good story when he came here. Sad to see him decline (character issues definitely hurt).

Hackett could have been a lot better if he'd been able to overcome the injuries.

No huge surprises here, unless you weren't expecting Goings.

I want to see Jarrett, Carter, and Robinson all have good seasons.

I think they could, then I remember that Jake Delhomme is QB and can't make throws to anyone outside Moose and Smith.

We have a lot of receiving weapons, we just don't use them. Deangelo, Rosario, Jarrett, and Stewart could all be used so much more. I believe Carter and Robinson could be in there, but they need playing time.

I had such high hopes for Hackett and think he will eventually get past his injuries and be a good receiver, but I can understand letting him go.

Goings should have been gone two years ago, but it’s still sad to see him leave, especially after all he’s done for us. :(

Bridges was great depth, but the incident last month (year?) definitely didn’t help secure his spot.

Archived