• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers release Hackett, Bridges, Goings

Mr. Scot

the thing that concerns me is by havign Gross in at $10M and Peppers in at $17M, we are gonna have to let alot of quality depth go and replace it with much cheaper players. That is going to make health even more critical next season.

We had injuries on the OL, but had the quality depth to be OK. I see our depth there being very thin in 2009.

Does anyone think that the releasing of Hacket means that we need to pursue a WR in free agency or the draft?

Doubt it...with Jarrett, Robinson, Carter, and even Mark Jones on the roster and the other areas of need I doubt we address receiver unless it's a late second day pick.

Yeah, all he ever did was bring it 100% every day, did everything he was asked to do, worked his ass off for a backup/ST role, and was a model NFL player wrt work habits and attitude. We don't need clowns like that.:sosp:

In his prime the past two years he hasnt done anything.

Yeah, all he ever did was bring it 100% every day, did everything he was asked to do, worked his ass off for a backup/ST role, and was a model NFL player wrt work habits and attitude. We don't need clowns like that.:sosp:

That is not what he meant....everyone here knows that Goings gave everything he had. However, with a 53 man roster and a salary cap, you have to make tough decisions and let a player go when he can no longer deliver at a high level on the field.

Archived