• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lucas nixes deal to Detroit; could be cut

CanadianCat

The NFL’s trading deadline begins Friday, though talks already have been in high gear.

The Panthers tried trading cornerback Ken Lucas to the Detroit Lions. Problem is, once the two sides were engaged in discussions, Lucas let it be known that he did not and would not play in Detroit. Thus, trade talks were abandoned even though some in the league thought the trade might go through.

The talks are an indication of what Carolina has in mind for Lucas, who is scheduled to make $5.6 million in base salary this season. If Carolina cuts Lucas this week, it will free up $2.375 million against its salary cap. For a team desperately searching for space, Lucas provides some of it.

Bogus Link

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=9

Hey!! Are you the Canadian "Cat" that was fired for plagiarizing ESPN and Lombardi? Sounds like it. Back it up right or don't post.

Extremely circular, unverifiable story.

edit - a real blog.nfl link was posted later in this thread, apparently this was the real deal

All that said, corners with age/declining skills aren't exactly the most marketable commodity to barter for a trade. We're talking ham sammich here IMO. Maybe something 5th-7th round if we're lucky. It's still better than a straight cut though if such a deal can be found.

The NFL’s trading deadline begins Friday, though talks already have been in high gear.

The Panthers tried trading cornerback Ken Lucas to the Detroit Lions. Problem is, once the two sides were engaged in discussions, Lucas let it be known that he did not and would not play in Detroit. Thus, trade talks were abandoned even though some in the league thought the trade might go through.

The talks are an indication of what Carolina has in mind for Lucas, who is scheduled to make $5.6 million in base salary this season. If Carolina cuts Lucas this week, it will free up $2.375 million against its salary cap. For a team desperately searching for space, Lucas provides some of it.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=9

:spam::troll:

Canadian Cat, to my knowledge, has always been a good member of this site.

People make mistakes, you know. Cut the guy some slack.

Indeed, it was proven to be a true rumor. As opposed to an untrue rumor.

Apologies, original post edited. The whole thing just looked bogus on its surface when I read the original post, like someone was trying to start another rumor instead of actually having some information. I was wrong. Sorry.

Indeed, it was proven to be a true rumor. As opposed to an untrue rumor.

Apologies, original post edited. The whole thing just looked bogus on its surface when I read the original post, like someone was trying to start another rumor instead of actually having some information. I was wrong. Sorry.

Hey, it happens.

Lord knows there are enough rumors flying around as is. Can't blame anyone for tiring of every other Lucas or Peppers rumor. :D

Archived