• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fowler - Bobcats Turn Down 9th & 19th for Top 5 Pick

C-A-T-S

Depends what that pick was. If it wasn't top 3 no thanks. Irving/Williams and Kanter are the only 3 that I'd be willing to trade up for and they are probably 1-2-3 unless the Jazz decide to go with Knight.

This only three players in this draft I'd trade up for, so either top 3 or no dice.

Unless they packaged both picks plus a player to move up and take irving or williams I think its a good move. The draft doesn't have stars beyong one and two..so if your going to be stuck with glue guys, why not increase your chances and take two instead of one.

meh, who cares. there are two ways this will go regardless of where the bobcats draft:

1) they'll draft someone that sucks (see everyone not listed below)

2) they'll draft someone with talent that is capable of starting in the league but they will trade them away within a few years so they can continue the embarrasing recycling act that they've carried on for years (see felton, okafor, dudley)

the bobcats have had 14 draft picks since 2004. the best player they drafted that is currently on the roster is dj augustin. that is pathetic.

I'd move up for Enes Kanter, I'm hoping Valunciunas falls though. I'd love to get Valunciunas at 9 and a SG/SF at 19 or repackage 19 for a first next year. That to me is the only way this draft is a success.

meh, who cares. there are two ways this will go regardless of where the bobcats draft:

1) they'll draft someone that sucks (see everyone not listed below)

2) they'll draft someone with talent that is capable of starting in the league but they will trade them away within a few years so they can continue the embarrasing recycling act that they've carried on for years (see felton, okafor, dudley)

We really had no choice in Felton, he wasn't going to resign with us at a reasonable rate so we had to let him go, now he's backing up Ty Lawson. We milked Oak for all he's worth, his best years are clearly behind him. Dudley is a backup and will never really amount to much more than that. The only person I really miss that we've traded away is Shannon Brown.

I'd move up for Enes Kanter, I'm hoping Valunciunas falls though. I'd love to get Valunciunas at 9 and a SG/SF at 19 or repackage 19 for a first next year. That to me is the only way this draft is a success.

We really had no choice in Felton, he wasn't going to resign with us at a reasonable rate so we had to let him go, now he's backing up Ty Lawson. We milked Oak for all he's worth, his best years are clearly behind him. Dudley is a backup and will never really amount to much more than that. The only person I really miss that we've traded away is Shannon Brown.

Really, Oak's best years behind him? He was a double double threat EVERY single night for us. He's almost that at NO, but I contribute that to having better players around him, and still close to 2 blocks a game. Trading Oakfor was a TERRIBLE idea. If we had him the last few years when our team got better, instead of terrible centers like Nazr, Diop, etc, we could have done much better. I'll never agree with the Oak trade, ever, it was wrong, it's just stupid to deal your draft picks, especially ones that contribute.

Archived