• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers have acquired Greg Olsen!(Update For #3rd Round Pick in 2012)

ammofan

Might have already been mentioned several times but getting Olsen for 4 yr 24 mil is a bargain.

Sept 11 cant get here soon enough!!!! Will be my first day back from a long beach trip so Ill have every reason to be a couch potato.

Seriously, though, Olsen is arguably our biggest free agent signing in like forever. He's one of the smarter moves I have seen our FO make in free agency. Either that, or I have been used to bread and water for so long, that a damned cracker is starting to look like steak!

Bears fans I know (and trust) tell me he's kind of soft and can't block for poo. But honestly, what we needed was a finesse receiving TE. He won't be asked to block; that's why we signed Hartstock. His job is to be Vernon Davis/Antonio Gates.

Considering we have Davis' old position coach now AND Chud, who coached Kellen Winslow to his best season, I think Olsen is a perfect fit and could quite possibly be a Pro Bowler for years to come.

Archived