• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jay Cutler Vs Matt Moore

bLACKpANTHER

I don't object to drafting one (NOT a first rounder though but 2nd-third), but this isn't the year for it is it? I too think that Moore/McCown are capable though, so I wouldn't panic too much on it. The only unnerving thing RIGHT NOW (because we don't know what all they have planned) is that they have no QB under contract for 2010.

We wouldn't know would we, because we never try.

It's not about this years draft............

It's about the principle of the matter.

If your philosophy is building through the draft, yet you don't build your QBs through the draft, you are leaving the face of your franchise up to some FA or walk-on.(not to mention going against your stated philosophy)

Unless of course the REAL philosophy is to build through the draft, except when it comes to the most important position in all of sports.(which is incredibly stupid to me)

I don't see how it's ok to draft every position on your squad except for QB.(talking about the panthers).

OOPS...I usually quote, but I was typing right under BPs post that started "if you believe everything you read" and didn't realize that a bunch would jump in between mine and his.

You know there's never a problem between you and me, I was just an old man needing a map... :lol:

If your philosophy is building through the draft, yet you don't build your QBs through the draft, you are leaving the face of your franchise up to some FA or walk-on.(not to mention going against your stated philosophy)

Unless of course the REAL philosophy is to build through the draft, except when it comes to the most important position in all of sports.(which is incredible stupid to me)

I don't see how it's ok to draft every position on your squad except for QB.(talking about the panthers).

Actually, there was a thread earlier in the offseason that looked at all the QB that the Panthers had passed on in the Hurney area and only one turned out to be a good QB that the team probably should have drafted.

DT is also a very important position, at least more important than a backup RB or a safety that would end up playing LB, but under the Fox/Hurney era the team has only drafted a DT in the first 4 rounds once, the same number of time the team has drafted a QB in the first 4 rounds.

Unless of course the REAL philosophy is to build through the draft, except when it comes to the most important position in all of sports.(which is incredible stupid to me)

The Panthers have drafted LeFors, Fasani, Weinke, and Collins... Seems like after the "sure-thing" QB's early in a draft, free agent signings are as sure a bet for finding a star QB as drafting one.

what i edited was that the thread was more about the Moore or McCown future QB of the Panthers issue.. i threw in Cutler so people would read it..

i consider myself a patient person.. i understand that we dont make any moves early in FA, usually.. but htis year seems to irk me a bit more because we all know that Pep is gunna get dealt and we cant do anything until it happens.. so speculation is all we have to do right now.. to the Skins?? to the Pats?? could Cutler really be a Panther??

i dont know the answer, and neither do you.. i know Cutler's probably stayng in Denver and that Pep is probably going to the Pats, if anybody, but i dont know for sure.. so let me speculate, cus speculations is all we have to do.. just be happy there are a few Cutler threads instead a long list of every FA released or last year's gawd awful threads about Delhomme's surgery..

I know what you edited out, cause I read it. If you wanted to talk about them, make a thread about them. That certainly would get more actual debate than this thread.

At least you admit you are frustrated. You are right, we don't know what's going to happen. We don't even know whether Peppers will be dealt or not!! Yet you, and many others, are already considering it a done deal. It's far from it.

The Panthers intend on keeping Peppers. They will deal him if a team gives them what they want. Let it play out. I know it's frustrating, and even boring, but what choice do you have? You can be more patient, or let it drive you crazy. This time of year always drives me a bit bonkers, but I'm a lot busier now than I have been in years past, which is a blessing right now.

Speculation is fine, but at least have a base that is somewhat possible.

Easy Cutler.

With that being said if we do nothing at QB during the offseason (which will most likely be the case) Jake needs to be on a extremely short leash. We need to give Matt Moore a shot to see how good he can be. He did pretty well during the games he has played and our offense during that time was horrible.

we know what we have in jake, and i personally think mccown is a good back up but not the future, the big question mark is moore. IMO i think he should be the preseason starter. that way we can get a good look at him goin against starting defensive units and realy see if hes developed any since 07. if he hasnt then we start looking at other options

That is why we brought in McCown isn't it? I'm surprised no one has mentinoed kurt warner as a possibility. Isn't he looking for a new opportunity?

A.) Wants a final big payday

B.) We have zero cap room to sign him to that payday

C.) We need young QB's, not 2 years left QB's

D.) Looked way better than he was because of Fitz, Boldin, Breaston (Kind of like that guy in Carolina who gets to throw to Steve Smith, just never in stride...)

we know what we have in jake, and i personally think mccown is a good back up but not the future, the big question mark is moore. IMO i think he should be the preseason starter. that way we can get a good look at him goin against starting defensive units and realy see if hes developed any since 07. if he hasnt then we start looking at other options

To quote the guys from the Guiness commercials..."BRILLIANT!"

Archived