• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Observer: Big Cat Happy With Offseason

Sword

Damn, not pulling any punches is he? Has to be the most candid interview I've ever read of his.

I also have seen this from Hurney as well and obviously from Rivera. It seems being more open is another way we're trying to distance ourselves from Fox.

I enjoyed the interview. I dont take as much fox hate from it, as many do. There were issues, but this we knew last year.

I enjoyed reading about the olsen trade, his relationship with goodson, and once again, reading the passion he has for this team and franchise. How anybody can think this guy doesnt want a championship, is beyond me.

I enjoyed the interview. Thanks for posting.

Jerry did seem more candid in this interview, even if a lot of this was fluff.

Sounds like Jerry lectured Steve and straightened his butt out a little is what he was getting at with: "He talked for 5, I talked for 15." That is a level of insight that he is revealing to Observer readers that I think is admirable in JR.

Also very revealing about just how tense the situation was last year between JR and Fox (and Fox and the players). Jerry blames Fox for certain underperforming players.

Why did Sorenson not point out the irony that Jerry and Marty cut all the veteran leadership? Fox was blaming them for taking away all the players that bought into his style of coaching. Fox has a point.

So does Jerry. All I have to say is...I am ready to see some wins!

Its also ironic that Jerry claims he had no idea the season would get that bad and produce only 2 wins, yet we land the most athletic QB to come out of college in a generation, had plenty of cash to retain our high profile FA, and have labor peace for the next 10 years. WHile the situation has the appearance of an accident, it really seems like a calculated move on JR's part to burn down the castle and start over.

2-14 hurt, but Jerry is doing what he said he would do. I think we can win 6-7 games this year. Next year we need to get to the playoffs.

Richardson is sort of a dick calling Clausen Doughboy. That cant help with Jimmy's confidence. sort of funny though.

I think your adding to the preception that Clausen has no confidence if you feel the man who is paying him his salary feels he's a bit soft. If Clausen can't take that comment in stride, then he really doen't need to be a QB.;)

Great read. I am slightly concerned that he acts as if no plan is in place if / when something happens to him. He is a good businessman, so surely he has something in place. My guess is that he just does not want to discuss it at this point.

Tom knows how to interview Mr. Richardson. Gantt was removed from his duties for not playing ball. The obvious question was not asked. When he described wasting AE's talent last year and forcing players into the system, he should have taken the discussion to Jimmy Clausen.

There are a lot of people who are booing Fox when they boo JC. They are just too ignorant about the circumstances to understand that Clausen never had a chance to be good.

Archived