• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post a pic, any pic.

Jangler

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• sam.jpg

• Topics

• For what it’s worth Slye has only been in the NFL for two seasons and those first two seasons were better than Gano’s first two seasons. Could be possible Slye recovers and we are back complaining lol. Sometimes, especially for kickers, players just need a new environment to thrive. Also while it’s true since Gano left he has been asked to kick more 50+ and 40-49, AND has been doing well at it….historically he was awful from those distances and has less attempts than players who have been in the league half as long as he has. And those are just documented attempts, not counting the number of time the coach not even trying with him….which is a lot I assume seeing it with Rivera.
    • JFC as I was typing a response to this The Athletic popped up a story about Taylor saying “he reminds me of Russell Wilson”. NFL media is absurd in how they prop up mediocre QB play. Taylor is a nothing more than a solid backup until he proves otherwise. Remember how the media (and some fans) were ready to crown Kyle Allen after he fell into a few wins?     
    • Off the top of my head just thinking about game winners/tying FGs, Bengals in 2014 (made a long FG at the end of regulation to send it to OT and a FG to keep it tied at the end of OT). 2015 against the Colts in OT (two FGs, one to tie and one to win in wet conditions). 2015 against the Giants to win it at the end. 2017 against the Patriots at the end to win it.  The only last second game winning FG chance I remember him missing was the 2016 Broncos game. Bottom line is he was way more clutch than he wasn't. Saying he wasn't clutch is just wrong, and I guess it's just because everyone here has a bad memory or haven't been fans for very long.