• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do your kids play with other kids in your neighborhood?

Cat

Growing up in the 80's, Mint Hill area, we would stay out until dark playing kickball, football, basketball, war, flashlight tag, whatever. Then, there were the teen years and "sneaking out" the bedroom window to throw eggs and water balloons at cars. Good times!

:party:

I grew up off harrisburg road.

Yeah, our culdesac has a gang of 6. 6 boys who terrorize the woods around the house. Went out the other day and they had used a huge ball of twine to set booby traps everywhere. They even hung a trip wires with a basket of leaves up in the tree.

Have to admit, I thought it was awesome.

I think it's a combination of the fact that technology makes the games kids can play on a computer much more interesting than anything they can come up with outside, and paranoid parents who search the internet for every sexual criminal in a five mile radius and it scares the poo out of them.

I think it's a combination of the fact that technology makes the games kids can play on a computer much more interesting than anything they can come up with outside, and paranoid parents who search the internet for every sexual criminal in a five mile radius and it scares the poo out of them.

Pretty much.

Back in the 80s the news media made it sound like kids were getting grabbed off street corners left and right. To be sure, kidnappings happen, but between media and movies of the week, you'd have thought a kidnapper was hiding around the corner of every house.

Still, I'd agree that the X-Box and Playstation are probably the biggest culprits, along with the TV.

Our neighborhood demographics are such that we are the youngest family.

The rest are high school, college and even some empty nesters.

We have to do the play-date thing to get them socializing outside of school, but luckily our kids seem to really like hanging out with almost anyone.

I take them to local parks whenever I have a day off, and they socialize easily.

Don't have a computer in the house, no video game systems either.

We stick with art and PBS.

Guess we are lame, but my daughter was the only 4 year old that could read anything you put in front of her. She even got chandelier right. How bout them apples? :D

Our neighborhood demographics are such that we are the youngest family.

The rest are high school, college and even some empty nesters.

We have to do the play-date thing to get them socializing outside of school, but luckily our kids seem to really like hanging out with almost anyone.

I take them to local parks whenever I have a day off, and they socialize easily.

Don't have a computer in the house, no video game systems either.

We stick with art and PBS.

Guess we are lame, but my daughter was the only 4 year old that could read anything you put in front of her. She even got chandelier right. How bout them apples? :D

I think we have very few kids in our neighborhood. Most of our neighbors are older and their kids are gone, certainly our surrounding neighbors are. However the elderly couple right beside us (who were super sweet) just moved out and apparently the new neighbors have a 4 year old boy!!!!!

we always did.. and tormented the hell out of our neighborhood. from yanking stuffed animals across the street at night with kite string to ringing doorbells around 10pm..

kids still hang out in my parents neighborhood.. they have their crews running around. no one ever did it as great as us though.

Archived