• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera should hit the brakes on picking QB

panther4life

I know it's been reported that he wants to name a starter by early next week but neither Jimmy or Cam did enough to pull ahead of the other.Derek Anderson hasn't played enough nor was he brought into start.

At this point we need more film to determine who the starter should be.

I know it's been reported that he wants to name a starter by early next week but neither Jimmy or Cam did not do enough to pull ahead of the other.Derek Anderson hasn't played enough nor was he brought into start.

At this point we need more film to determine who the starter should be.

What "we" needs more film?? The fans? He was never going to make his decision based on this preseason game. He has a pretty good idea of who he is going to start and tonight likely didn;t move the barometer very much

Clausen will get the start, or at least he should.

Is he lights out better than Cam? No, he isn't. However, he has been able to keep the ball moving and the offense rolling. The TOP when Cam left the game tonight was about 3-1 in favor of the Dolphins.

I think he should name Clausen the starter but keep a very open mind about the situation and wether JC is playing well enough.

At this point it really doesn't even matter who it is IMO... If that was any indication of how our season will be... We're in a bad way. Our D looked about as pooty as they come.

Here I was thinking that our D would carry us until our O gelled... Doesn't look so good right now.

This was a heavily slanted competition favoring Cam Newton..Jimmy would have had to led some 80 yard passing drives and Cam would have had to have made some turnovers for Jimmy to get a real shot. It's time for the team to completely get behind Cam and give him all the reps possible.

Consider that we're also keeping Cam on a short leash in terms of his running talents so teams can't start scouting him... it's a whole dimension of our offense we haven't started using yet.

Forget Cam running, they didn't even hand the ball off when Cam was in there. When Clausen was in I noticed they ran the poo out of the ball.

Cam would probably benefit more from a run game, but our Offensive Line wasn't exactly stellar.

Archived