• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why does God have to "work in mysterious ways"?

Brokenbad

My mom died when I was 14 and I never doubted God, was just relieved that she was on a better place then.

We'll never understand God's plans, but when I pray

I always ask him to guide to his will.

I've seen too many things to doubt there's a God, so all I ask is to live according to his will.

I am an atheist, but I like your post very much JOAT.

I don't understand it for real.

My wife's dad died in his forties.

He died a very slow and painful death, which at one point he had both of his legs amputated.

I cannot believe to describe how unfair I think this was to everyone who knew her dad.

Her dad was young, and had so much to offer everyone he loved.

I never had the pleasure of meeting him, and he never had the pleasure of meeting his grandaughter and grandson.

The thing that confuses me the most is that seventy-year old hags are regulary "healed" and jump out of their wheelchairs at church to run laps around the pews a few times.

Why did they get to live a long life and see their grandchildren and great-grandchildren?

What good does it do some old bat to be able to walk again when she is bound to die soon?

Why did my wife's dad have to suffer, and miss out on the two little cherubs he has as grandchildren?

"The Lord works in mysterious ways" and in no way am I trying to doubt God.

I just wish someone could tell me how it makes any sense.

Consider that God doesn't exist.

I'm not saying He doesn't or does but it may help you to consider it.

Considering humankind has only been around for .00001% of time earth has existed, what makes you think God gives two poos about us? Hell, there was over 3 billion years of simple cell organisms, surely he loves those more.

I lost someone close to me recently. It wasn't a drawn out thing but the grief was pretty terrible (still is at times). I remind myself often how fortunate I am that in this vast lonely universe I have cared for someone so much that I grieve for them. I guess I put it in perspective a little bit.

Thanks Kral.

I believe very deeply in God, buy the premise of organized religion has turned me away from church. I refuse to preach at people, I'd rather just share my experiences. Like SportsTalk said, I believe a lot of it comes down to free will and as Zod kind of pointed out our time on Earth is minute, though time itself is relative.

I'll just leave you with this, as a person and as a fireman/paramedic I've seen too many things that defy science. Things that, for me, can only be the work of a higher power.

God, the conscious, omnipresent, omniscient entity that hears everyone's prayers and punishes the bad guys and rewards the good guys doesn't exist... That's why...

derp derp "but being good is the reward!!!"... "my prayers were answered, see here in my personal story"... "life totally changed for me when I found God, bro"... "let me tell you how I know God is real"... "hey man live and let live... believe what you want but I'm still going to think you're wrong and I am right!"

Like others have said its an answer for something that can't be explained.

What really pisses me off is when morons say "the lord decided it was time for them to come home" Effing utter bulls!t any god that takes someone I love away from me because they selfishly decided "its time" can suck my left ball.

Archived