• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A QB Comparison

blackcatgrowl

Wait what, this makes too much sense. Someone who doesn't perform well in preaseason of their rookie year can turn into a solid nfl starter? No...

Also lets not forget how much of a disadvantage newton is at compared to freeman with much less time to get ready and on a much more incomplete team with a completely new staff. Making sense is fun.

***Insert stats for other 100 busts here***

Cam is like no one else, citing stats that look similar to his is no way to draw any type of conclusions. IF he is to succeed, it will be by being similar to Cam Newton, no one else.

/thread

:icon_bs:

You can insert whatever you want. Go ahead and insert your finger up your ass if that's your thing.

However, I'm looking at two rookie performances in the same division in the past 3 years. In looking at these performances, you can gauge where we are with our new QB's rookie performance.

Oh, I forgot... you only use stats when it agrees with your ignorant positions.

How did Freeman's rookie campaign go? Hmm seems it was the second year he improved in... so why rush Cam?

This is no argument for him starting this year, plus Cam was picked #1 and Freeman #17. You don't draft projects at #1.

You don't at #17 either.

:icon_bs:

You can insert whatever you want. Go ahead and insert your finger up your ass if that's your thing.

However, I'm looking at two rookie performances in the same division in the past 3 years. In looking at these performances, you can gauge where we are with our new QB's rookie performance.

Oh, I forgot... you only use stats when it agrees with your ignorant positions.

Don't worry some people want everybody to be down and out like them. Misery loves company.

Do what? People compare players from other teams all the time.

Now, people are blowing up Newton... but looking at another team in our division's proven starter's rookie debut IS a good comparison to see where the bar should be set.

I meant you cant just take preseason stats of a rookie qb and compare them to another rookie qb and draw any definitive conclusion.

Good post! The guy had zilch in terms of prep before camp, its a wonder he is doing this good. Newton will get better week by week but it sure would help if the o line would decide to block for him a little so he isnt running for his life every play. he seems to be a good overall guy and has a pure desire to improve. Nobody can also question from the get go as soon as he has walked into camp he has a leaders swagger that clausen unfortunately does not and in my opinion matt moore never really had. I see him as having the leadership abilities of delhomme but with a developing skill set of a quaterback that could go much further than jake ever went. The guy just needs a chance. Didnt Troy Aikman actually look god awful his rookie season? I guess he turned out okay for the cowturds didnt he... Cam will turn into something fun to watch but he just needs time to improve. Even the best still have to go through bumps and have learning curves but the guy has an attitude and leadership ability that you cant coach. This year may be rough but he will make his mark for our Panthers, we just have to yell our heads off in the stands and support this new young leader of our team!

the verdict is still out on freeman because of their soft schedule last season.

haha.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You do know that for a few years now, all division opponents face the same teams from the same opposing divisions except for 2 teams from the off-divisions in the same conference?

Right?

http://www.nfl.com/teams/carolinapanthers/schedule?team=CAR&season=2010&seasonType=REG

http://www.nfl.com/teams/tampabay%20buccaneers/schedule?team=TB&season=2010&seasonType=REG

The off-divisions for the NFC South last year were the NFC East and the NFC North. Where we faced the Giants, they faced the Skins. Where we faced Chicago, they faced Detroit.

If they were so questionable, why did they end up 8 games better facing almost the same opponents? (or 6 games if you wanna call their two off-division opponents gimmes)

Archived