• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are we going to see AE getting direct snaps or throwing the ball?

Hotsauce

Our OC is a really good one. He'll put in all kinds of plays that will shock the defenses. However, AE looked like a turd out there last night. You can't trick anyone by puting in a player for one special play and he's a negative at this point in amy other downs.

really is a pointless package......Cam already provides the threat the wildcat brings to the field.

That is the issue really. Why put in a small guy who can throw the ball a little bit when you have a big guy who can throw better, who can run just as well. When Armanti comes in they know he is going to run. With Cam they don't know. Putting in the widcat with Edwards is a downgrade over just keeping Newton in there full-time. Unless you think Newton as a receiver would be fantastic as well. Otherwise it doesn't add options but limits what we already have.

That is the issue really. Why put in a small guy who can throw the ball a little bit when you have a big guy who can throw better, who can run just as well. When Armanti comes in they know he is going to run. With Cam they don't know. Putting in the widcat with Edwards is a downgrade over just keeping Newton in there full-time. Unless you think Newton as a receiver would be fantastic as well. Otherwise it doesn't add options but limits what we already have.

The wildcat plays they ran in practice had Armanti throwing more than running.

I agree that using Armanti in the "traditional" wildcat would be a waste since we already have a QB that is a major threat to run back there.

I hope they designs some plays for lateral passes and such to Armanti, similar to what Pittsburgh did with Big Ben and Randle-El a few years ago. That to me would cause more headaches for defenses

The wildcat plays they ran in practice had Armanti throwing more than running.

Exactly. Is Armanti more accurate than Newton? If so then it might be good for a trick play or two. But otherwise why not just keep Newton in there?? He can run the wildcat just as easily as Edwards and is much bigger as well.

Exactly. Is Armanti more accurate than Newton? If so then it might be good for a trick play or two. But otherwise why not just keep Newton in there?? He can run the wildcat just as easily as Edwards and is much bigger as well.

From watching them both play college I'd argue that Armanti is more accurate than Newton.

Archived