• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beason did not practice today

Car123

@carolinagrowl

Steve Reed

Breaking: Jon Beason did not practice on Thursday

@carolinagrowl

Steve Reed

We're expected to meet with Ron Rivera soon, so we'll get an update on Beason and this year's team captains.

@carolinagrowl

Steve Reed

Ron Rivera said Jon Beason's foot was a little sore so they held him out, but still expects him to play Sunday.

Breaking: Jon Beason did not practice on Thursday.

— Steve Reed (@SteveReedAP)

September 8, 2011

How does it not sound good? we don't know why he didn't practice, it could be personel reason or simply rest. Beason still will play so get your hand of the panic button and sit back on your couch.

how does it not sound good?

A day after practcing for the first time on a limited basis he is now back to not practicing......that doesn't sound good in terms of playing Sun.

No panic button being pressed. You don't miss all preseason, practice one day on a limited basis and then go play football in week 1.

I've said it another post... heel injuries are not usually something you just bounce back from in a few weeks. I was really surprised he practiced the other day, and concerned. If he pushes his recovery, he could cost himself more time in aggravating the injury/surgery.

Read this....

http://www.feetfixer.com/html/heel_disorders.html

Regarding recovery of heel surgery:

Immediately after either operator, a plaster cast may or may not be used to support and immobilize the foot for two to three weeks. Crutches may be helpful for greater comfort and mobility while the foot heals.

When the cast has been removed, three to four weeks of physical therapy will speed healing and reduce swelling. Provided there are no complications, recovery is usually complete in six to eight weeks.

Six to eight weeks. He had surgery 3-4 weeks ago... I just don't see how he can be ready to go so soon.

just resting, no need to stress the foot.

no need to get in football shape or practice the gameplan either?

Beason ain't superman....rules for mortal NFL players also apply to him.

You don't miss all preseason w/ an injury and walkthrough one day of practice.....and then suit up and start.

I've said it another post... heel injuries are not usually something you just bounce back from in a few weeks. I was really surprised he practiced the other day, and concerned. If he pushes his recovery, he could cost himself more time in aggravating the injury/surgery.

Read this....

http://www.feetfixer.com/html/heel_disorders.html

Regarding recovery of heel surgery:

Six to eight weeks. He had surgery 3-4 weeks ago... I just don't see how he can be ready to go so soon.

He's a Beast, and this is football.

Coming back from an six week injury two weeks early isn't exactly irregular.

Archived