• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A few thoughts before sunday.

Snake

Cam Newton: Everyone has good or bad thoughts about this kid and its one pole or the other. What I expect to see Sunday is not a ACE but a Game manager. I dont want to see him have to throw to win the game and I want to see him rely on his backs. Yes its a throw back to John Fox but its effective when you have a young team.

DWill,Jstew, and Goodson: Come Sunday its there day! I want smash mouth Football that controls the clock and scores points. I want a rushing attack that will draw the Safety in the box where Play action will make them pay.

O-line: Lets keep the back moving and the Rookie upright OK;) Thanks

WRs/TEs: Guys your first game may be more about blocking than routes but a Win is a Win.

Ok now for intermission

Fit_latina.gif?

Now onto Defense

Two things I want to see... Blitzing and doubling Fitz.

Everyone knows Kolb has a bad deep ball and its worse when throwing off his back foot. Lets keep him under pressure all day!

Secondly we cant let Fitz kill us underneath. We need to keep two men on him all the time.

Lastly we need to keep the short routes to the minimum. Take Kolbs bread and butter away and make them beat us over the top and on the ground.

Ok those were my thoughts now back to your regular scheduled programming.

I agree with leaning on the running game, but I would like to see some first down pass plays so Cam can make some easier completions against base defenses.

We also are going to have to take a couple of deep shots and deep seams with Smitty and Olsen to make sure they just pack the line of scrimmage.

that's a sound plan but teams already have a scheme to build on from last years offense but as we all know the quarterback position is what lost games last year. i say call some pass plays, run/pass balance out of the shot gun formations and pass more out of the i formations. it might even be a good idea to run a few bootlegs out of the different i-forms and shot guns to make the defense think.

Great points all around. Cam needs to lean on that effective (hopefully) three-headed monster we have in the backfield. With that said, a solid running game will just open up the doors for play-action and deep balls and keep their defense guessing. They won't know what hit 'em. Let's go Panthers!

Agree with Snake. Control the clock and keep our sorry Dline on sidelines or it could get ugly.I also want Cam to just let it hang out...play ball with his instincts and do not get so caught up in attempting to remember every little thing on his reads. That will come with time. By the way my first post after being on the Charlotte Observer forum. That thing has become so lame with only 1 or 2 guys posting!

Archived