• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I was wrong

The Saltman

Hidden

I think the ban came from the almighty Zod himself so and he is never hypocritical. He is the all knowing and forgiving Zod.

truth be told, plenty of fools have trolled the poo out of this forum.. more so than TRD could ever accomplish in his short stay. ;)

I think the ban came from the almighty Zod himself so and he is never hypocritical. He is the all knowing and forgiving Zod.

truth be told, plenty of fools have trolled the poo out of this forum for years.. more so than TRD could ever accomplish in his short stay. ;)

Way to man up salty.

My day will be complete when mr. Scot shows up and admits this as well

Not quite :D

Said it in the other thread: The guy we saw in preseason three (when Saltman made his thread) was not ready. Hard for me to believe anyone could objectively watch that performance and think he was NFL starter material at that time.

Now, what we also said at that time was that unless he made some major strides in the time leading up to the regular season, his first start could look pretty bad. I didn't think he'd make that kind of progress in a short time, but to his credit, he did. And today, he was ready.

Now for the bad news... :(

A much tougher test is coming next week. The Pack isn't starting two rookie corners, and they have a way more seasoned DC (former Panthers coach Dom Capers) who will have the benefit of some actual game footage to scout out Newton. And yeah, there's still work to do (pocket presence, ball placement, etc).

All that said, I was thrilled with his performance today. Far better overall than anyone had a right to expect, and a great first step on what will hopefully be a marvelous career.

But it is still just a first step. As Bill Parcells used to say, don't put him in Canton just yet.

(don't bail on him if he happens to look bad next week either)

Not quite :D

Said it in the other thread: The guy we saw in preseason three (when Saltman made his thread) was not ready. Hard for me to believe anyone could objectively watch that performance and think he was NFL starter material at that time.

Now, what we also said at that time was that unless he made some major strides in the time leading up to the regular season, his first start could look pretty bad. I didn't think he'd make that kind of progress in a short time, but to his credit, he did. And today, he was ready.

Now for the bad news... :(

A much tougher test is coming next week. The Pack isn't starting two rookie corners, and they have a way more seasoned DC (former Panthers coach Dom Capers) who will have the benefit of some actual game footage to scout out Newton. And yeah, there's still work to do (pocket presence, ball placement, etc).

All that said, I was thrilled with his performance today. Far better overall than anyone had a right to expect, and a great first step on what will hopefully be a marvelous career.

But it is still just a first step. As Bill Parcells used to say, don't put him in Canton just yet.

(don't bail on him if he happens to look bad next week either)

*long winded version of saying he was wrong without saying he was wrong*

I have said from the beginning that I just want to see flashes this year that give me something to believe in for the future. Something that Clausen didn't do once last year. He has already exceeded that.

I don't expect him to be Dan Marino his rookie year. If he goes 8-24 with 3 picks next week it won't hamper my excitement. After all, he is still a rookie. But in one game he answered a lot of questions for a "project who isn't ready" (not saying you said that but others have)

Oh, and Narwocki sucks monkey balls. I kid I kid (not really). :D

Cam looked studdly as all hell today, to say i expected even HALF of what he did would be a lie. I was one of the doubters, I admit it. I wanted his ass to sit. he came out like a champ today and props to him.

If he shows a solid performance next week, I will be more than thrilled. he has already shown more promise in 1 game than jimmy did all year last year.

go cam, and i hope he does it many more times.

About cam being ready. I'm so pumped right now.

If only we had a defense then we might start winning some games.

that's crazy because all offseason people have been raving about how amazing our defense is and how if the offense didn't suck then we would have been ok last year.

i think it really comes down to what cam said about TRUSTING THE SYSTEM. our guys have been in the same mindset for the better half of a decade. Some of them are taking time to adjust. soon it will all come together and everything will be ok. clearly after today cam and smitty have a connection and a grip on it.

i'm still blown away by how awful cam was during the preseason and how amazing he looked in the game tonight when the lights were on and it was time for action.

Archived