• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Opinion: The play that lost us the game

Brokenbad

that was another bad play but it wasn't the single play that lost us the game.

unfortunately it immediately preceded King going 50 yards for a TD.:puke:

And that was because we blitzed, and no one was in coverage, and is also the play(which now hard for me too look at) where Beason went down.

Games NEVER come down to one play.

It would have been a 58 yarder and Rivera made the right call. ST's didn't execute, simple as that.

Exactly.

Trying a 58 yarder at that time of the game would have been a huge mistake.

Chances of making it are less than 50%. Miss it and you give the Cards the ball on the 48 yard line.

Games NEVER come down to one play.

It would have been a 58 yarder and Rivera made the right call. ST's didn't execute, simple as that.

I heard others say it was a 52 yarder but you are right that it woulda been longer.

the sack really killed that drive, but that wasn't all Cam's fault. We had some weird 3rd down playcalls.

And that was because we blitzed, and no one was in coverage, and is also the play(which now hard for me too look at) where Beason went down.

while beason did go down on the play, that did not spring King... Beason was not in position to make that play (did he miss King in the first place? don't know) and his acceleration to attempt to catch him caused the injury it looked like.

man what a terrible play, that play sucked for so many reasons.

Archived