• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers offer 6th Round Pick For Curry

NJPanthers12

I would like this if it didn't mean losing TD, emotionally that is. If they can get him for what was offered it sounds like it could potentially work out in the team's favor (Olsen for a 3rd?).

Young and coachable fits the teams current mo

I received a text today stating the Panthers have offered a 6th round pick for LB Aaron Curry. If this deal gets done it will be the end of Thomas Davis here in Carolina. I am not posting rumors or speculation like I promised I would stop, but I was told defiantly today that the offer has been sent to Seattle.
would curry have to produce?

Not saying he won't....but nothing is a sure thing.

Just saw where one of Seattle's LB's went down in week 4 for what seemed like an injury that will take some time to recover. I think it was McCoy, not sure if that is how you spell his name. Just a thought, Curry might be persuaded to stay!

fyi we got Hardy in the 6th round last year. I'm not against getting Curry but it might be best to wait until he is inevitably released by Seattle.

just saying late draft picks aren't as useless as people make them out to be.

Brady went in the 7th didn't he? I agree with you bc you never know who can make the leap until they put on the pads in the next level.

Who's better to help ressurect a linebacker's career than our head coach. I think if Rivera thinks this guy is worth the trouble of a 6th round pick,he probably is. As much as I love T.D,his injuries and a wasted year at safety,haven't exactly allowed him to live up to his draft status or contracts either.
TD never played a season at safety.

He was tried there for a game or two, only due to injuries, he then returned to play the "joker" role in our defense his rookie year. We got use out of him while he transtioned to LB.

If ya gonna bash, get your facts straight.

fyi we got Hardy in the 6th round last year. I'm not against getting Curry but it might be best to wait until he is inevitably released by Seattle.

just saying late draft picks aren't as useless as people make them out to be.

Greg Hardy

David Gettis

Jordan Pugh

Tony Pike

none

Nick Hayden

none

none

Jovan Haye

Joe Berger

Sean Tufts

none

Keith Heinrich

Hurney in the 6th round. Just saying.

Hardy and Gettis were great picks at their slot, but don't get it twisted, 6th rounders are a complete crapshoot.

If we can get Curry for a 6th, even if he only shows up for a couple of games,he is still better than Williams, Williams or Gaither; and certainly better than most guys you can pick up in the 6th round.

:confused:

Yeah he didn't do poo in college and he has completely busted out since entering the NFL.

I would not call 100 tackles a season in his Junior and Senior year "poo".

He has not lived up to the billing in the NFL (it is the Seahawks and Pete Carroll though). However, he was a very productive player in college.

I received a text today stating the Panthers have offered a 6th round pick for LB Aaron Curry. If this deal gets done it will be the end of Thomas Davis here in Carolina. I am not posting rumors or speculation like I promised I would stop, but I was told defiantly today that the offer has been sent to Seattle.

Even if the deal doesn't get done, it is unfortunately the end of the Thomas Davis era.

I would not call 100 tackles a season in his Junior and Senior year "poo".

He has not lived up to the billing in the NFL (it is the Seahawks and Pete Carroll though). However, he was a very productive player in college.

Sarcasm. You won't find a bigger AC supporter on this board than me.

Archived