• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pie for Scott Fowler

chknwing

Naanee has gotten a lot better in run blocking from where he was in preseason and week 1, but he's really not very useful in the passing game right now. Which is a damn good reason to bench him and give someone else a go.

and even with his improvement he's still not a better blocker than Lafell. There's not too many reasons skillwise that he's out there ahead of Lafell.

That two point conversion we were going for was down the middle. I've seen smitty, olsen, shockey, even armanti in preseason albeit, catch that pass.

Naanee gave up..

I've seen other players make catches or even FIGHT for the ball. Naanee doesn't. He seems very apathetic about getting to the ball.

don't get me wrong, i don't think he should be starting over lafell

Last word on Pilares is from September 15

Panthers rookie WR Kealoha Pilares (ankle) has resumed practicing this week.Pilares is recovering from a late-August high ankle sprain and expects to play Sunday against the Packers. It's a good sign that the Panthers elected not to stash him on injured reserve this year, but he won't have a significant role in the offense. Sep 15 - 5:45 PMSource: Panthers.com

Now if you want to disagree with Fowler suggesting that Nannee is the second receiver and as such is likely facing a corner whereas LaFell was the third or fourth receiver and likely facing a safety or linebacker you might have a point. Or if you want to know how many times he was overthrown or it was a bad pass versus Lafell, you could make an argument. But Fowler has a good argument with facts to back it up.

Archived