• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Put this one on Rivera and staff

Pantherxtreme

Rivera is fine.

Our defense isnt too good. DT's and we are missing almost our entire starting LB's.

ST's is bad to.

Get those things fixed and we will start to dominate teams.

The team is playing hard and he transformed the offense. Defense is filled with injures and they suck because of it. Rivera will right this team soon I think we finish 8-8 at worst.

Obviously Rivera has the team pumped up to play. And we obviously have talent, we're not getting blown out and we're not totally outclassed out there. But the Special Teams schemes are awful, and we're not playing with discipline there. Tackling is also sometimes suspect, particularly when you get past the starters. That's coaching, not playing.

And things like having 12 men on the field so you have to call time-out and give up three points, or deciding to rely on your defense to shut down one of the best offenses in the game, versus calling time out and preserving time for your better unit just in case they score, that's 100% coaching.

The play calling looks pretty good, but at this point I'm starting to wonder if Newton could make Jeff Davidson look competent. He's borderline amazing and he's just a rookie.

I don't think it's the talent that's at question here. If talent was all it took, then the Eagles would be 4-1 instead of 1-4. There's a lot more to winning than just getting top draft picks.

And for the record I'll take Rivera's brand of coaching over Foxball every day of the week and twice on Sundays, I just think you have to when the risk is greater than the award and vise versus.

We were gashing the Saints all game long, why go for a bomb 3rd and 2 when we have a mobile QB, two good backs and two good TEs who can work the intermediate routes which is a much more easier play to convert?

I know the coaching staff is learning right along with the team as well, and I know the future is bright, it's just frustrating knowing that the future could be right now!!

Or you could put it on the defense for sh*tting the game away when we had the chance to close it out. But yeah, blame Rivera! HE IS NOT ONE OF US.

This right here... I really hate Beason is gone for the season cause he would have fired up this defense that plays with no passion.

I think everyone in "True" Panther Nation realize what kind of potential this team really has. Its the fans that call themselves fans after we look promising that are asking for Rivera's head. Let us not forget the 2-14 team we had last year? How about the blowout we had against the Saints last year at home? 31 points. This year we only lost by 3, and if it were not for the holding penalty by Gross who knows, this topic would have never been created. For this team to be 1-4 I can say as a "true" Panther fan that I am excited about our team and our future. I look forward to every game and expect a win. Last year and the years before I cannot say I felt the same way on Sunday. Hang in there guys.. Right now we are taking the lumps but soon we will be dishing them out.

I only had issue with a few calls in the game:

1. The timeout at the end of the half....there was no way the Saints were going to get that kick off, so 12 men on the field would not have mattered.

2. Twice he went for the big play on 3rd and short in the 4th. There is a difference in being agressive and being dumb. We were on the wrong side of that one both times. We were driving....we were working to run the clock...our RB's and TE's were killing them. No need to take a majorly risky chance.

And we obviously have talent, we're not getting blown out and we're not totally outclassed out there..... If talent was all it took, then the Eagles would be 4-1 instead of 1-4. There's a lot more to winning than just getting top draft picks.

Sorry Cyberjag. The Panthers defense is nothing special, and I hate to break it to everyone, it wasn't special with Beason and Davis either.

Davis, sadly, is an afterthought. The Panthers, again, should just cut ties.

Beason will be as good as the DTs in front of him.

Our secondary, pitiful.

As said on Sirus NFL Radio 'The Panthers have the worst front 7 in the game'.

They also said, a could of playmakers on defense and this team could be special.

Teams are built on lines and we have not had a decent DT since Jenks, who BTW was not drafted by Fox.

My hope is that they get busy in FA next year as I will be dead waiting for this team to build by the draft.

Fox had trouble w time management his entire tenure. I at least feel this coaching staff will learn from its mistakes.

i can recall at least one game in 2006 where fox called a TO that negated a missed field goal from the opponent. then they lined up again and their kicker nailed it

but it didn't matter in that game anyway because we lost by like 20 points instead of 3 lol

Hidden

Obviously Rivera has the team pumped up to play. And we obviously have talent, we're not getting blown out and we're not totally outclassed out there. But the Special Teams schemes are awful, and we're not playing with discipline there. Tackling is also sometimes suspect, particularly when you get past the starters. That's coaching, not playing.

And things like having 12 men on the field so you have to call time-out and give up three points, or deciding to rely on your defense to shut down one of the best offenses in the game, versus calling time out and preserving time for your better unit just in case they score, that's 100% coaching.

The play calling looks pretty good, but at this point I'm starting to wonder if Newton could make Jeff Davidson look competent. He's borderline amazing and he's just a rookie.

I don't think it's the talent that's at question here. If talent was all it took, then the Eagles would be 4-1 instead of 1-4. There's a lot more to winning than just getting top draft picks.

my main question is would Newton be on our team and would he have been starting at this point with Fox at the helm? would Olsen and Shockey be here to help Smitty?

None of those can be seriously answered with a Yes if Fox was here..

IF Newton was drafted, he wouldn't be starting. I doubt he'd be drafted anyhow. Shockey wouldn't have been grabbed before the lockout and Olsen wouldn't have been traded for after the lockout.

The QB position would still be a huge unknown and our TE position would still live in the stone age going underutilized.. forcing us YET AGAIN to go with Smitty as our only real threat on offense as a receiver.

those little tidbits there have energized our team, and are huge differences between 6 years of Foxball and 5 games of Rivera..

as far as our defense goes, the guy has put two #1 defenses together in the NFL with 2 different schemes.. I feel pretty good about our chances of tightening that up in the future.

is it lame people still complain about Fox? IMO, not really.. he gave a lot of people many resentments and 1 year later, they SURELY won't vanish.

we've met, I respect your opinion a lot.. but as far as Fox goes, good riddance..

Archived