• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Replacing talent with talent

Eazy-E

Why are we not following this mentality. You either have the talent on the roster as a back up, or when your starter goes down, you go out and try to find the best guy available to take his place.

First indicator was when Ron Edwards went down. We did nothing to try and fill his role. Either that or the staff though he was no better than our rookies (which is hard to believe)

When Beason went down we had Dan Connor who is not all the great but probably better than most MLBs available to bring in. After Davis went down, it was obvious we needed to bring in another competent LB. We never did.

I'm not going to go into any more detail because you all know what I am talking about.

So did we go into the season expecting to suck? Even if we did, once you saw that Cam could compete did it not turn the light bulb on saying "Hey if we bring in a few stop gaps we could be competitive now." I just don't understand it.

Anyone want to try and make sense of it all?

Hurney does plenty of questionable things.

This is one of them.

Does he have some crazy plan for the upcoming draft that he is willing to blow another season on? It doesn't take much mental ability to know that if you don't replace injured players you are going to suck unless the talent is already on the roster.

i understand the youth thing and let them grow because truth this this time next they probably will be playing a whole lot better but you still hafta put a couple vet players around them for guidence to have there back when they fugg up but we dont so when we bite we bite hard.....and we didnt do enough having 1st dibs on the cut players....aaron curry should have been brought in i thaught that was a no brainer.....i just hate older coaches an there stubborn mentally of waiting shyt out fuggin ******

I remember last season the Patriots traded Moss away for a 3rd rounder and I think within a week or so (not 100% sure on the timetable) they traded for Deion Branch as their new complement to Welker. How many years did we go needing a #2 across from Smitty?

Except the only system Branch is worth anything in is New Englands....

Some on this board want you to know this is simply a throwaway season to see what these rookies can do. The coaches and players all know it and couldn't care less about putting it all together this year.
Sorry but can't take my pie back. Just a little pie happy today. Hit button by accident. But sorry to say your wrong. You think these players like Dwill and Jstewart want to lay down for this season just so Hurney and Ron can see how a few rookies will perform. BS. Cam even wants to win. Dude think again if think these players want to give up on the season for a few rookies starting. Hurney is just a sorry ass GM that refuse to fill a few holes on the D to even give this team a chance to win. :rolleyes5:

Archived