• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you think Sweet Caroline should be played at Bank of America Stadium?

Malt Liquor

Neil Diamond will be here this week!!!

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0E00412A8DEF4B29?artistid=734917&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

and Man, what's up with the bashing of the song? I mean, Cat Scratch Fever isn't the most innocent of songs, but I don't see anyone bashing that.

Man, LOL that's like say'n Welcome to the Jungle was written about

As oppose to Fenway plays it in the 8th inning (I think). I think the song relates to Carolina more

My wife was trying to convince me of that Monday night...get your own friggin' shtick. More weak ass copycat crap.

It related to Carolina more....why? Because it shares a lot of the same letters? Damn, that's some fine association.

It does have something of a connection to Boston and Mass since it was written about Caroline Kennedy.

I like the song. James Taylor's Carolina in my Mind would be perf but TOO mellow.

All I know is when I hear that song usually something good has happened.

They will play Carolina in My Mind after the game as people leave especially if we win.

btw Sweet Caroline sounded good on the tv.

Everybody does Sweet Caroline...and if I remember the story correctly of when Neil Diamond finally told what the inspiration of the song was, it was long after it was used in Massachusetts so they would have had no way of knowing it had a thing to do with Caroline Kennedy. I don't think he told until until 2007 and they started long before that.

Oh, and I found something this http://www.redsoxconnection.com/sweetcaroline.html. It said that it was first chosen to play at Fenway because their then music director who heard it played at other sporting events. So, they stole it too.

That's the way things are - pretty much nothing is original anywhere.

My wife was trying to convince me of that Monday night...get your own friggin' shtick. More weak ass copycat crap.

It related to Carolina more....why? Because it shares a lot of the same letters? Damn, that's some fine association.

It does have something of a connection to Boston and Mass since it was written about Caroline Kennedy.

And they copied it from other sporting events. Happens everywhere. Hell's Bells is another. Remember Padre fans thought they invented playing it at games when they used it for Trevor Hoffman.

Everybody does Sweet Caroline...and if I remember the story correctly of when Neil Diamond finally told what the inspiration of the song was, it was long after it was used in Massachusetts so they would have had no way of knowing it had a thing to do with Caroline Kennedy. I don't think he told until until 2007 and they started long before that.

Correct but I pointed that our because the OP assumed it had no connection to Boston when, as it turns out, it has a hell of a lot more of a connection to Boston than it does Charlotte.

Oh, and I found something this http://www.redsoxconnection.com/sweetcaroline.html. It said that it was first chosen to play at Fenway because their then music director who heard it played at other sporting events. So, they stole it too.

Also true...but I don't know that anyone has adopted it in the same way as the Red Sox have. I wouldn't mind seeing them eliminate it to tell you the truth....but not until I get to take the whole family to Boston for a game (my sons love it for some reason).

I've heard it played at a lot of games since the Red Sox made it something of a tradition....I don't think that's a coincidence considering how the popularity of the Sox has risen after winning two World Series titles. They've been in 2 of the last 5 championship series and also get a lot of games on ESPN...no doubt a/v people from other teams have seen how the Boston fans respond to it and figure it would be good to pump up their own crowds. Still, I'd like to see the Panthers find their own "signature" tune.

Archived