• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can Vikings handle Newton? (NFL Network Video)

Car123

Cam Newton vs AP

i've always hated it when two players on the same side of the ball are compared head to head like that - "will brady beat manning????" is stupid because brady is not directly playing against manning, he's playing against the defense, and that's where the matchups should be analyzed.

but here i think it's legit. the game hinges on how well these two players can perform on any given down. cam needs to make every throw count, because honestly the only way to take AP out of the game is by blowing up the scoreboard right off the bat.

similarly, AP needs to chew up as many yards per carry as possible, because the only way to take cam out of the game is by sustaining long drives and keeping our offense off the field.

defense had better bring it.

I like how Cam talks about Ponder being a rookie like he's already a five year vet himself. Speaking of we already played Gabbert, now it's Ponder, we may see Locker in the tennesee game. It seems like there are a lot more rookie vs rookie quarterback matchups this year than any other year I can remember.

The Vikes might be tough, though. Their secondary is struggling, but that front four is getting to people. They roughed up Aaron Rodgers a little which is not easy to do.

I like how Cam talks about Ponder being a rookie like he's already a five year vet himself. Speaking of we already played Gabbert, now it's Ponder, we may see Locker in the tennesee game. It seems like there are a lot more rookie vs rookie quarterback matchups this year than any other year I can remember.

The Vikes might be tough, though. Their secondary is struggling, but that front four is getting to people. They roughed up Aaron Rodgers a little which is not easy to do.

You get Minnesota out of that dome though, and they just don't seem as ferocious. I like our chances at home.

Archived