• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lets be honest...

Snake

That felt like the most consistent pressure he faced all year. Even though they didn't get huge shots on him, the pocket seemed so small yesterday compared to all the other games. And against Washington they actually got clean shots on him but the pressure wasn't consistent...

Another difference is, the Vikings players go after the ball and not just the player, other teams seemed to concentrate on trying to knock Cam down, whereas the Vikings were like "f that, just go for the ball and pressure him"

That felt like the most consistent pressure he faced all year. Even though they didn't get huge shots on him, the pocket seemed so small yesterday compared to all the other games. And against Washington they actually got clean shots on him but the pressure wasn't consistent...

Another difference is, the Vikings players go after the ball and not just the player, other teams seemed to concentrate on trying to knock Cam down, whereas the Vikings were like "f that, just go for the ball and pressure him"

I dont think we expected them to be that effective with there pass rush then had a knee jerk reaction when they did. There defense played very well yet allowed 21 points. Our Defense didn't step it up when Ponder started to make plays.

...but Allen is going to make his plays, defensive collapse in the 3rd quarter is why we lost.

I expected Allen and AP to make plays, they are just that good and will do that. What I didnt expect was for our offense to shell up when we were a TD ahead. Thats just not the attacking Football team they have been talking about.

This is what lost us the game.

Jarrod Allen: He beat Gross badly yesterday and cause 2 turnovers.

Vikings Oline: They manhandled Johnson in pass protection and allowed Ponder to roll to his side on allot of plays.

Our LB: They did a good job stopping AP but got handled in the passing game allowing loads of catches up the middle.

Playing conservative: After we were up a TD and Gross was having trouble with Allen we went into a shell. That resulted in three 3 and out plays. I understand we dont trust our defense and Allen had made two big plays but it cost us the game by not gambling.

dead on.

jared allen is a beast, esp. this year. best DE in the league. true game changer. btw, there's not a QB in the league that would have been able to protect that ball better when allen is tomahawking their arm like that. if cam can't, no one can.

viking played great football. we prepared for peterson and did a good job for the most part, but it opened up a passing game that is new and has very little tape. when our defense has issues anyway, it's bound to happen.

i'm not a fan or punting when we did. many of those 4th and shorts could have been converted. we played safe and we shouldn't have.

I expected Allen and AP to make plays, they are just that good and will do that. What I didnt expect was for our offense to shell up when we were a TD ahead. Thats just not the attacking Football team they have been talking about.
yeah, that was frustrating as well. we started playing foxball again.

horrible idea. imo, this was the worse coached game of the year. i just didn't like the conservative tone.

dead on.

jared allen is a beast, esp. this year. best DE in the league. true game changer. btw, there's not a QB in the league that would have been able to protect that ball better when allen is tomahawking their arm like that. if cam can't, no one can.

viking played great football. we prepared for peterson and did a good job for the most part, but it opened up a passing game that is new and has very little tape. when our defense has issues anyway, it's bound to happen.

i'm not a fan or punting when we did. many of those 4th and shorts could have been converted. we played safe and we shouldn't have.

yeah, that was frustrating as well. we started playing foxball again.

horrible idea. imo, this was the worse coached game of the year. i just didn't like the conservative tone.

Hopefully Rivera/Chud will understand not to do this the next time.

Gross' job is to protect Newton, he didn't.

Newton's job is to sense pressure and protect the football, he didn't.

Newton was inaccurate at times when he needed to be accurate.

Newton, for the first time was tentative when deciding to run, and those hesitations cost yardarge that could have gotten first downs.

Felton, well, why on earth was he there to begin with, dropped a wide open pass that could have changed field position.

The special teams suck.

The defense's job well, Panthers front 7 is the worst in the league, can justify with injuries or whatever, but, they have been pinned as the worst by analysts who know more than I do, and who am I to argue.

The players job is not commit stupid penalities, and they did. I mean, love Smitty and all but, the play was well away from him, why even touch the Vikings Player. Same for Nannee and the same for Shockey. If you don't have to touch the other teams' players, don't....and blocks in the back, for the love of God, if you see the players' number on the back of his jersey, don't block him.

Coaching, well, what is there to say there, and just where was Brandon LaFell for most of the game? ...and why try and run Williams over and over again up the middle when that is not his strong suit.

I swear. I don't know. I don't mean to be a Monday morning QB, but the defense needs a complete over-haul and don't count me as someone who believes Beason's return, if there is one fixes this. Forget about Davis.

Panthers best have a great draft and pickup a few free agents or we will be having this same conversation again next year.

Hopefully Rivera/Chud will understand not to do this the next time.
i hope so. they're still learning. part of learning is learning what not to do.

you can't create an aggressive team and then start tapping the brakes constantly. the moment you start playing to not make mistakes is when you start making the most.

The players job is not commit stupid penalities, and they did. I mean, love Smitty and all but, the play was well away from him, why even touch the Vikings Player. Same for Nannee and the same for Shockey. If you don't have to touch the other teams' players, don't....and blocks in the back, for the love of God, if you see the players' number on the back of his jersey, don't block him.

yeah, penalties have been killer. it doens't help when refs are calling bs penalties on us. no reason to make more unnecessary flags fly.

the team really needs to get more disciplined in this regard. i know it will happen in time, though.

yeah, penalties have been killer. it doens't help when refs are calling bs penalties on us. no reason to make more unnecessary flags fly.

the team really needs to get more disciplined in this regard. i know it will happen in time, though.

A lot of the reason Jarrod got around Gross was cause of how they call holding on us. If we grab the outside of there pads its holding. If the other team does its a no call. Most of the holding calls on Gross this year was him guiding the other DE away from Cam. Still we have to just deal with that and become better.

Archived