• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney on WFNZ right now

Jbro

Early in the show, they were talking about Cam newton and his talents. What he did during the bye week. (Went to the FSU vs BC game) How he thought that AE had talent at WR, it just took time to get the WR spot down. The return game was mentioned, he blamed it being bad on a number of factors..

-Otah hates being hurt and is not a wimp. It was Hurneys choice to put him on IR

-Will not think about resigning Smitty or anyone else to the of season

-TD is one of the best players he has been around in his 24 years. He is working his butt off to get better but he is not sure how he will be and if he ever fully recover.

-Will not discuss if he will restructure TDs contract if he can return.

-WR in draft? This is later then you asked me about the draft than last year (laughs). Glad we made it till November until you asked this year. I will look at draft prospects in of season.

-I like to pay my core players. I don't like spending alot in FA. Ron Edwards was a good sign, he is helping young players.

-Asked about D Wills big money. It was a good sign. He is a great player, we are still defining what this team is. Will has difference making ability.

-Is keeping Stew going to cost to much? We want to keep our impact players but we have time to decide.

-caller: I have always questioned you but I love you now that you signed Cam. Olsen was a great sign. I loved AE in App but cut him.

Hurney: Olsen and Shockey where signed to help develop a young QB. They felt good about their o-nline and WR. Olsen did not fit in Chicago's system.

-Caller: How is Brandon Hogan?

Hurney: We will make the decision by 4pm today. He needs more confidence. He is almost 100% healthy. Looks good in practice.

-Will you trade Jimmy?

Jimmy is great and trade deadline is over. He is improving every day but our starter spot is secured by Cam.

Archived