• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Someone had to bring it up...

hepcat

We all remember Sam Mills struggle with cancer during the '03 Superbowl year, and the "Keep Pounding" wristbands/shirts/slogan/etc that accompanied it. With Jerry Richardson on the waiting list for a heart transplant...who thinks the team will respond? Jerry doesn't have many years left...for someone of his age, the survival rate for a recipient of a heart transplant is around 5 years (someone with more knowledge can verify this...) Don't you think he deserves to see his team win a Superbowl? This might be enough to put us over the edge?

I know the Panthers are motivated and have the potential to take the #1 seed but this should really get them fired up. Win each game for the best owner in the league and one hell of classy guy. He is the reason a lot of players come here and stay here and that speaks volumes.

That thought crossed my mind too. I don't wanna sound like a scrooge, but, the team should be able to do it with it's own motivation as it is.

But, yes, I think that the situation with Jerry might be a factor. But that can go either way for the team technically.

I just hope he gets well sooner than later.

That thought crossed my mind too. I don't wanna sound like a scrooge, but, the team should be able to do it with it's own motivation as it is.

But, yes, I think that the situation with Jerry might be a factor. But that can go either way for the team technically.

I just hope he gets well sooner than later.

Same here. The team should motivate themself. But that nice if some go to the Big Cat.

He's rich, he'll find his transplant, and probably live longer than most other people that get this done (cause he can afford the BEST).

Tell that to Walter Payton.

I'm never a big fan of saying "we'll win it for him", because then what happens if we don't?

Suppose the Lions had dedicated this season to some fallen friend's memory. Is this the kind of season you'd want as a memorial?

I understand playing with emotion and playing with someone in your mind. I just dislike public statements of "this is for you" until after the deed is done.

Win first, then dedicate it.

like others have said, Big Cat living > superbowl if that's what it takes to win i don't want it....not that anyone is really saying that

i do think that his health concerns will add a little extra effort to an already highly motivated team the remainder of the season.

not sure if i remember this correctly or not but i think that the giants lost both of their long term owners last year, almost within a weekl of each other. i don't know if they had the same bond with their owners that the panthers do with Mr. Richardson but still, i think that was an extra motivator for them.

i am wondering, though, how much like the father are the sons? are we in good shapoe still with john and mark?

Archived