• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Blames JaMarcus Russell And Vince Young For The Disrespect He Gets

g5jamz

The difference is that white QBs have to actually do something to raise those doubts whereas many black QBs have certain doubts thrust upon them (lazy, not intelligent, etc.) with little or no proof and then have to prove those doubts wrong whether they are justified or not.

Not that it matters, but you don't think Cam did anything in his life to raise some doubts?

Cam will learn that you can't go around saying names and expect there to not be any backlash from that. Sometimes young guys can forget that these guys they're talking about are people too and you're giving them an opportunity to use your fame to up their own profile. Cam should have just said, "there have been athletic quarterbacks like me taken in the first five picks that didn't work as hard as they should have", and that way he could have avoided calling out people specifically. He doesn't need the added drama.

Cam doesn't strike me as the type of person who cares if there is backlash. This isn't the first controversial thing he's said and it probably won't be the last. As long as he backs it up on the field and the rest of the team in the locker room respects him and follows him he can say whatever he wants. QBs in this league have certaintly done a hell of a lot worse (cough) Ben Roethlisberger (cough).

Not that it matters, but you don't think Cam did anything in his life to raise some doubts?

I was talking about black QBs in general. But I am not sure why anyone thought he was lazy or didn't have the intelligence to be an NFL QB. Or whether his smile was genuine.

I was talking about black QBs in general. But I am not sure why anyone thought he was lazy or didn't have the intelligence to be an NFL QB. Or whether his smile was genuine.

Drawing the line from Cam's past actions to those conclusions is not difficult, only someone with a racial bias CANNOT draw that line from action to those opinions. I believe the scout that NN got his info from said when the cameras were off, Cam was different and once they were in the room or on he flashed that smile all the time so that was his evidence.

Don't be so weak and insecure that when you are unable to understand something, it must be race. Save that for other simple minded people. You are smarter than that.

Since you are asking this question, then you should obviously be able to provide evidence as to why people would have any questions about whether Cam was lazy or unintelligent.

Maybe he slept through a practice back in high school?

Or failed an algebra exam at UF in 2007?

Considering his year at Blinn College in 2009 and Auburn in 2010, what evidence from THOSE years can you provide that Cam was lazy or unintelligent? Outside of "well, SOURCES say" stuff, of course.

Drawing the line from Cam's past actions to those conclusions is not difficult, only someone with a racial bias CANNOT draw that line from action to those opinions. I believe the scout that NN got his info from said when the cameras were off, Cam was different and once they were in the room or on he flashed that smile all the time so that was his evidence.

I bet you were always smiling and laughing outside the interview room when you have had job interviews, just like you were smiling and laughing when you entered the interview room.

Right?

(That is, if you've ever had to go through a real interview.)

Don't be so weak and insecure that when you are unable to understand something, it must be race. Save that for other simple minded people. You are smarter than that.

So what you are saying is that if you talk to one person, get his opinion on something, then don't research it or do any due diligence it is reasonable to assume that the concerns are real.

Ignorance begets racial biases. So that does make sense. Because if you took any time to actually learn about Cam Newton you would have known that those things were not true or exaggerated. Yet those doubts continued to permeate through the draft.

Cam will learn that you can't go around saying names and expect there to not be any backlash from that. Sometimes young guys can forget that these guys they're talking about are people too and you're giving them an opportunity to use your fame to up their own profile. Cam should have just said, "there have been athletic quarterbacks like me taken in the first five picks that didn't work as hard as they should have", and that way he could have avoided calling out people specifically. He doesn't need the added drama.
is it cam's fault that those guys blew it?

Everybody has a name. Money was more important to russell, than his name.

Young isn't the leader many thought he'd be.

Cam can mention them by name.

Why do we only use two years of information?

Because that's what suits you?

Because people grow up and mature.

When people come into my office to be interviewed and I see that they have a clean transcript, a clean record, a diploma, and at least an adequate resume, I don't really give a poo about the stupid things they did as a freshman in college.

Because people grow up and mature.

When people come into my office to be interviewed and I see that they have a clean transcript, a clean record, a diploma, and at least an adequate resume, I don't really give a poo about the stupid things they did as a freshman in college.

Are you paying them 20mil?

"Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking"

He may have matured and that would be awesome but it doesn't mean they didn't have concerns based on his past actions.

So what you are saying is that if you talk to one person, get his opinion on something, then don't research it or do any due diligence it is reasonable to assume that the concerns are real.

Ignorance begets racial biases. So that does make sense. Because if you took any time to actually learn about Cam Newton you would have known that those things were not true or exaggerated. Yet those doubts continued to permeate through the draft.

Keep avoiding the issues.

Racism was a factor in some of the negative comments made about Cam in the media.

Cam's past mistakes in his private life and on the field were a factor in some of the negative comments made about Cam in the media.

I can't prove the first statement, but it seems reasonable to me. The second statement is certainly true.

Archived