• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pre-Combine mock 2.0

KDawg004

This one will probably goes against the grain a bit but it's something different.

Round 1:

Quinton Coples, DT/3-4DE, UNC

Reiff and Martin are good choices but I'm not sure Rivera and co. will invest a high pick on offense with so many holes on D. I think they're content there for now. I'm also not completely sold with Kirkpatrick so Coples is the choice. I think Coples would be a great fit for us as a 3-tech. We sorely need some push from our DTs and Coples showed he could do that as a junior. Also brings some versatility to play 3-4DE. Would need to gain some weight though.

Round 2:

Vinny Curry DE/OLB, Marshall

I know this might seem out of leftfield. But, Curry is an explosive pass rusher that can come in as a 4-3DE and 3-4OLB. If the Giants showed us anything, it's that a relentless pass rush can make up for any secondary play. They absolutely shut out our division rival to a tune of 0pts. The other reason for this is that the Panthers don't seem as if they are going to spend much in FA. Therefore, we must build a strong DL through the draft.

Round 4:

Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt

I have a feeling Hayward might go before the 4th. If he does make it to us in the 4th it would be a steal. Hayward is an absolute ball hawk which is great if our revamped DL does what it is suppose to. He can also lay a big hit and can stick with bigger receivers.

Round 5:

Cliff Harris, CB, Oregon

This is a pure value pick. Harris has legit character concerns but the talent is there. Harris will prob not start immediately but he can be our week 1 KR/PR. It's time to pull the plug on the AE experiment.

Round 6:

Juron Criner, WR, Arizona

Another value pick here. Criners draft stock depends on his health. He has great hands which will be a plus in this offense. Has the potential to be a starting WR in the league. Will also create mismatches with his size.

Round 7:

Drew Butler, P, Georgia

Baker might become a cap casualty this offseason. Butler has a strong leg and would atleast provide competition if not outright win the start gig.

No LB this draft but we can sign an experienced one in FA for cheap.

Archived