• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jake Delhomme May Retire

chknwing

Even if Cam were to play terrible next season, and play like a bust?

Jake is the greatest Panther QB, as of right now.

Will Cam surpass him? Probably, eventually, but as of right now, Jake IS the greatest.

You can say "wow, we love mediocrity", but whether you feel Jake was mediocre or not, he is the greatest in Panther history.

I disagree. Jake is the most successful Panthers QB as of right now. He is not the greatest. Jake did what he was asked to do but he was not ever a great QB and he never will be. With Jake at the helm of the team this year how disastrous would that have been?

I like Jake - I think he's a personable guy and I felt bad for him at his presser after he got cut. I really was hoping the Texans would win the SB with him on the roster b/c he's a nice guy and it wouldn't hurt my feelings for him to get a ring.

But great he was not.

In 2004 arguably Jakes best season, He had No Smitty, a mediocre running game once Foster got injured, and a middle of the pack defense. and had N.O. not beat the Panthers in the last game, or a questionable 4th and 12 dive by Vick. He would have led the Panthers to the Playoffs.......just sayin:D

The 2011-2012 had a bunch of ifs. We led in 15 out of 16 games, and most going into the 2nd half and the 4th quarter. If we didnt have 20 players go to IR we would have made the playoffs. If we didnt have a depleted D. If we would have had a full training camp with OTA's. If Gettis would have been healthy. IF IF IF......

Also Jakes "best" season doesnt even come close to what Cam did in his ROOKIE year, not even close. There hasnt been one season in Panther history where the QB position has brought as much excitement as it did this year.

Just saying.

The 2011-2012 had a bunch of ifs. We led in 15 out of 16 games, and most going into the 2nd half and the 4th quarter. If we didnt have 20 players go to IR we would have made the playoffs. If we didnt have a depleted D. If we would have had a full training camp with OTA's. If Gettis would have been healthy. IF IF IF......

Also Jakes "best" season doesnt even come close to what Cam did in his ROOKIE year, not even close. There hasnt been one season in Panther history where the QB position has brought as much excitement as it did this year.

Just saying.

You still didn't acknowledge Jakes accomplishments for that season.Also nearly a third of the starters were on IR in 04. And where did i compare Cam to Jake? just give Jake his due and let go of the hate.

I never said Jake was better than Cam. If Cam keeps up this pace he will be the best QB in the NFL.

all im saying is Jake was a great player for us. If you don't think so...then that's your opinion.

and i wanna make love to Cam.....No homo.

just sayin:hand:

Even if Cam were to play terrible next season, and play like a bust?

Jake is the greatest Panther QB, as of right now.

Will Cam surpass him? Probably, eventually, but as of right now, Jake IS the greatest.

You can say "wow, we love mediocrity", but whether you feel Jake was mediocre or not, he is the greatest in Panther history.

Jake is the 2nd best. The best would be #89

Jake won 4 road playoff games and threw for over 300 yards in a super bowl. I don't really know what more evidence some of you herp derp tards need to see to realize that he was at most times a great player for us. You might be too stupid to remember anything that happened before 2009. If that is the case then I understand your argument completely.

Jake coming into the '03 season opener against Jax in the 2nd half was the reason the Panthers have been relevant for the last 8 years.

The playoff game against the Cardinals in '09 still stings, but Jake deserves to have the chance to retire a Panther.

No doubt Jake had a good postseason on the way to the SB, but still Cam is the best QB to ever put on a panther Jersey.

Cam is the most talented QB in Panther history......that doesn't make him the best. You got to put in the work. Lots of talented guys flop and less talented guys have better careers.

Delhomme put in the work. Delhomme had the success. Delhomme is the best to date.

Archived