• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coin Flip

Catalyst

For all of those who want to trade down, YOU HAVE TO FIND A PARTNER WHO IS WILLING TO GIVE UP ADDITIONAL PICKS TO MOVE UP. this is very unlikely unless someone like Blackmon were to fall or a QB like Tannehill became hot. If we had won the toss, Seattle might have have been a partner if Miami doesn't get Flynn/Manning, but it's mute now. The question now becomes whether anyone wants to leapfrog Buf, KC, etc to ****** a player AND whether we're willing to possibly lose a player we're looking at.

Because there are only 8 guys out of 250+ in this draft that will probably pan out... good call. Bottom line is if we don't get a consistent starter at #9 than it is a front office fail.

Funny how wherever our team drafts, it is easy to say we are just outside the bubble of the elite talent. Fans believe that it takes the pressure off of picking a bust if you say it enough... Just because we might not get one of the flashy names that has already been thrown out pre-combine, doesn't mean that we aren't going to get a quality player. There has been plenty of talent drafted on or after #9 in the last few years and I trust Hurney to make good on another 1st round pick.

I'm not saying that Captain Hyperbole. I'm saying 8 or 9 you're picking what the first 7 didn't want... So, what's wrong with trading back, picking up a 3rd and picking up a guy just as talented.

Odds are the top 7-8 teams have some of the same needs as the 9th team, so the best players at those positions of need may likely be off the board, but there will still be a few left.

Hurney has pissed me off with some moves, but he has a history of awesome 1st round picks, and he's always done really well at taking what others didn't, so I'd like to move back. I don't think there would be much difference in a DT taken at 9th versus once taken in the 20s.

Beason and DLo were both taken in the mid-late first round. I'm confident we'll get a great player in the 1st, and I'd prefer to pick a 3rd back up in the process.

Archived