• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stephen Hill

teeray

He was brought up in the pinned combine thread but I decided to give him his own thread.

Bottom line, if he is still there in the second when we pick (which after today I really don't think he will be) he would be hard to pass up on, even though we need defensive help more than WR help he is a rare, rare, rare WR specimen.

He is 6'4 220 pounds, ran a 4.30 40, made a diving catch on a fade route that was amazing, destroyed the gauntlet drill, and is hands looked like they had glue on them.

The only downside is he came from GT and is really, really raw on his route running and it showed on some of the route running drills. But that is an easier fix than being short and/or slow.

But the added bonus of coming from GT means he is likely a very good run blocker as well.

My personal opinion, and talking to some draftniks via twitter and email, he combined his way into the top 50 overall and may (likely) go in the 1st round.

Maybe he is a combine special but I fell in love with him today. Panthers would be wise to do some homework on this guy and maybe pull the trigger if we can find a way to get him.

Thoughts??

We have an amazing oc and qb. I don't think we have to worry about having elite talent at WR when they will make them look good.

I would rather us draft an olineman than any other position on offense.

There is great value in later rounds at O-line though. Our QB is the type that can make up for some O-line deficiencies. Our O-line was pretty darn good this year. A lot of the sacks we gave up was more from Cam holding on to the ball too long (not a criticism BTW just a fact with all rookie QBs) than the offensive line breaking down.

David Gettis: shorter at 6-3, ran a 4.47 or a 4.43 at the combine, hands didn't look as good as Hill's did today or on "tape" (DVR).

LOL! I just mentioned David Gettis because everybody was so "High" on him. I was expecting this thread to fill up with the "we dont need a receiver" talk. Guess everybody had a change of heart.

Archived