• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sort of mentioned as a team that MIGHT show interest in Vincent Jackson

NJPanthers12

I see nothing about that on rotoworld.

In an ESPN.com Q & A, Adam Schefter mentioned the Vikings, 49ers, and Panthers as potential suitors if free agent Vincent Jackson makes it to the open market on March 13.

Schefter is plugged-in enough that he likely wouldn't have mentioned those teams without inside info. Schefter suspects Jackson's willingness to give the Chargers a "slight discount" gives them an edge over other teams at this point, but that could change quickly after March 13. We've heard the Vikings and 49ers mentioned in connection with V-Jax. The Panthers would be a new addition to the bidding for this year's top free agent wideout.

But rotoworld doesn't actually say that. It just say Schefter says that. And Schefter is probably just saying that because he was a Charger.

This, even if they are interested. I doubt the Panthers are going to go through all the trouble to restructure contracts and so forth just to sign him. I wouldn't be completely against it, but I can think of better uses for that money.

I don't think people are too excited about this perspective move. I on the other hand would pay the man. San Diego is notorious about dumping talent becuz of a tight wallet.

I know the cap is close but i am no wizard at salary. Chud could very well be raiding his previous team. Coaches that can do that are usually a players coach, they are well liked and respected. I would not be surprised to find out Vincent Jackson may have reached out to us. The team is on the way up. We are on players wish list now. Our offense is dynamic. Add V-Jax to our WR corp and we have two Number 1's both productive in different ways. Jackson would be a red zone target we have not had for awhile. Maybe one day Lafell will develop into that but...

In an ESPN.com Q & A, Adam Schefter mentioned the Vikings, 49ers, and Panthers as potential suitors if free agent Vincent Jackson makes it to the open market on March 13.

Schefter is plugged-in enough that he likely wouldn't have mentioned those teams without inside info. Schefter suspects Jackson's willingness to give the Chargers a "slight discount" gives them an edge over other teams at this point, but that could change quickly after March 13. We've heard the Vikings and 49ers mentioned in connection with V-Jax. The Panthers would be a new addition to the bidding for this year's top free agent wideout.

not necessarily true.. Shefter talks out of his ass more often than any connections to "sources"..

Archived