• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

pantherj Mock Draft #1

pantherj

1st: Quinton Coples, Defensive End, North Carolina

Speed, height, strenght, athleticism, long arms, fierce disengage to ditch the lineman and destroy the QB, balanced and stays on his feet, decent against the run. Really need to land him and reenergise our pass rush.

2nd: Stephon Gilmore, CB, SOUTH CAROLINA

This is not my final mock draft, and I'm the fence with this pick. What I like abou this pick is that he can play #2 CB if Hogan is a bust, he can play nickel, or if Godfrey goes down with injury, I really think we could plug this guy in after he learns the position, and he can be our gunner on STs. I might change this pick in my next mock, but right now he's on my mind.

4th: Sean Spence, Miami Hurricanes, OLB

I just love this guy. I mean that burst of speed he has, it's like he's fired out of a cannon, and we need that for our defense. We need a guy who can cover a lot of ground, burst through a gap in the line, and just level the QB. We're going to use our LBs to blitz the QB, and I have to believe we can use this guy.

5th: Ronnie Hillman, RB, San Diego State

Ron Rivera said he wanted scat back, well here ya go. I actually feel confident that we might take this guy at this pick unless he's shot up the draft boards for one reason or another.

6th: Rhett Ellison, TE, USC

Depth

7th: Devon Wylie, WR, Fresno State

Punt returns.

Charles Johnson, Quinton Coples could equal this generations Rucker, Peppers. The only problem is we don't have Jenkins and Buckner. I'm not too certain about Fua and McClain either..I think best case scenario for us is to get Poe, and his play on the field lives up to his combine. I just think we need a DT more than a DE as I have more trust in Hardy than I do our current DT's.

I could live with this one too. Not wild about TE, Spence- ehh. We do need to address LB sometime and this would get us some KR/PR help.

I have not been on the Coples bandwagon as I would prefer to trade down, but if we stay at #9 we need an impact player. As much as I am intrigued by Poe, he did not produce at Memphis. At least Coples showed flashes of impact, even if some worry about taking plays off.

I like Gilmore or Robinson in 2nd. After that, who knows what's left. But we need KR, LB, ST help. I wouldn't mind getting a tall, athletic TE project late, but dont have anyone in mind that would be there after rd 5.

Charles Johnson, Quinton Coples could equal this generations Rucker, Peppers. The only problem is we don't have Jenkins and Buckner. I'm not too certain about Fua and McClain either..I think best case scenario for us is to get Poe, and his play on the field lives up to his combine. I just think we need a DT more than a DE as I have more trust in Hardy than I do our current DT's.

Where is the Peppers side of the equation? I think we will have two Mike Ruckers

Archived