• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Redskins trade up to #2

Reapuh

So that means that the draft is something like..

1. Luck

2. Griffin

3. Kalil

4. Claiborne

5. Richardson

6. Blackmon

7. Ingram

8.Rieff

9. Us.....what the fug are we going to do here?

Trade down, that's what we need to do.

I'd rather stay put and go with decastro/kirkpatrick/cox than trading down (for an additional midround pick) and settling for a consolation prize

Saying RG3 is the same "prototype" as Cam Newton is nothing short of racist.

They're nothing alike. Stop looking at their skin color.

I've said elsewhere that RG3 resembles Aaron Rodgers more than Cam, you ass.

If the Redskins want to use him in any way like Cam with the read option, we practice against it every day. That was all I meant.

Boy, they better hope this works out... the only thing worse then missing on a QB in the 1st round in missing on a QB in the 1st round that cost you two additional 1st round picks and a 2nd.

On the other hand... this is the move they had to make. They saw what Cam did to them last last year.

So who do the Rams choose at #6?

To me, this is the interesting question.

Needs: WR, CB, OT

With all they have now, I would guess they COULD trade with Cleveland (maybe the third rounder and some change) to go from 6 to 4 and take Claiborne. If I were them, I would try that. Cleveland has shown a desire to trade down last year, so it is possible. If Cleveland is interested in Tannehill, they could get him there (he will be a top 10 pick by April, I think) and still have 3 more top 36 picks.

If they sit at #6, and Cleveland takes Blackmon and TB takes Claiborne, probably Reiff, with Michael Floyd as the darkhorse.

3 1sts round picks ? Holy poo.

well, they're calling it 3 first rounders, but it's really only 2. they switched firsts this year (plus their 2nd) and added their firsts from the 2013 and 2014 drafts.

considering the kids talent and that he fits a shanny offense pretty perfectly, not a bad call. it's steep, but makes sense.

i'm just glad we didn't have to do anything but suck for a year to get a better QB.

Would I have done what Washington did? Only after being assured that I couldn't get Manning or Flynn. Even then I would have to be assured that RGIII is worlds better than Tannehill who would have been there when we picked. For all that, I could have taken Tennehill and even Osweiler or Weeden in the second. Didn't Dalton show that second rounders can be effective in the right offense.

Think about it, what gives you the best chance to find a franchise quarterback- taking one in the first and second round this year and then using your first rounder the next 2 years to pick another one if this year's didn't work out, or putting all those picks together and betting the farm on RGIII.

Think about it, if Gabbert were the second best QB would someone make a big move up for him and would that have worked out if it was only switching 1s and next years first rounder?? Is RGIII that much better coming out of college than Gabbert was touted to be??? I know some will say yes but remember most folks had Gabbert higher than Newton. Did Cam forever change that paradigm? After all if not for him, RGIII wouldn't even be a first rounder. Yeah I know their skill sets are somewhat different but lets be real, RGIII is number 2 because of Cam's success as much as for his own merit.

Archived