• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers to 3-4?

falconlynx

I foresee the Panthers heading to a 3-4 defense. The personnel definitely makes sense after the drafting of Everette Brown.

Kemo at Nosetackle. Lewis and Brayton at DEs. Peppers and Brown at OLBs. Davis and Beason at ILBs.

I believe the D-coordinator Meeks is a 3-4 kind of guy. Who says the 4-3 run at Indy was by his choosing? I think it was this way because Dungy wanted a 4-3 and the Colt's personnel fit better for a 4-3 cover 2 style defense. Maybe this is why Peppers and his agent have been so quiet since the hiring of Meeks. Peppers may end up getting what he wanted while still playing for his hometown team.

I cannot see Brown being a 4-3 DE in the NFL. Yes, he has amazing instincts and quickness, but he just seems too small at 6'2 and 260 pounds. I prefer the NFL end to be 6'4+ and 270+...

What does everyone else think?

Fox had decided to go 3-4, his entire D staff had bailed, so he hired replacements with absolutely no experience in the 3-4 to develop and install. Yep, makes perfect sense.:out:

YES!!!! I was hoping someone would make this thread. That's why we hired a 4-3 coordinator, to switch to the 3-4. Makes perfect sense.

you are cracking me up today... keep it up man. Don't let these people out of your sight for a second. They deserve all the bashing you can deliver. lol

NO

Brown gains 4 lbs and he's a 4-3 DE

I don't understand how some people think it's a requirement to be 280 in order to be a 4-3 end.

A 255 lbs defensive end is more likely to get pushed around in the running game. Not saying it will happen, but its more likely to happen. IMO, if he is going to be defending against the run, he needs to add a few pounds of muscle. On the other hand, if he is going primarily come in on passing downs, its not as important.

I foresee the Panthers heading to a 3-4 defense. The personnel definitely makes sense after the drafting of Everette Brown.

Kemo at Nosetackle. Lewis and Brayton at DEs. Peppers and Brown at OLBs. Davis and Beason at ILBs.

I believe the D-coordinator Meeks is a 3-4 kind of guy. Who says the 4-3 run at Indy was by his choosing? I think it was this way because Dungy wanted a 4-3 and the Colt's personnel fit better for a 4-3 cover 2 style defense. Maybe this is why Peppers and his agent have been so quiet since the hiring of Meeks. Peppers may end up getting what he wanted while still playing for his hometown team.

I cannot see Brown being a 4-3 DE in the NFL. Yes, he has amazing instincts and quickness, but he just seems too small at 6'2 and 260 pounds. I prefer the NFL end to be 6'4+ and 270+...

What does everyone else think?

It's pure poo.

Meeks was there for 7 years, the personel had nothing to do with it.

If you don't know anything about meeks, the panthers, or the 3-4 then it's fun to discuss, otherwise it's poo.

Archived